Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, some of you may have read my other post about deciding to get a puppy or taking in a 4 year old. This is a small continuation, kinda. My wife almost had me swayed to take both, the 4 year old, AND get a puppy, lol. But for one, we do not have "real" experience with raising a dog, just ALOT of reading. And also, it would only give the 4 year old about 4 months to transition to our home and then take on a puppy. So we decided to just go for the one puppy for now. BUT, in a year or two, we would like to consider adding a playmate. I really do not think we could handle to large dogs though. Anyone have experience with a boxer and a smaller breed? We will be getting a male boxer, so from what I have read, we will look to add a female dog later. This may change, but we may look into getting a min pin later. Do you think they would have a chance at getting along? I know min pins have a "big dog" complex.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
There are several people on here with a boxer and a smaller dog.
Some have pugs, some have yorkies, Beckham's mom has a min pin.
Good luck! :D

·
Registered
578 Posts
We have a boston next door (female,they share a yard) and we used to have another boston, male when we first got Fredo. He loved our male, however, Bella next door is another story. Fredo loves her but she's a bitch and is just too "delicate" for him. She tries to attack him any time he goes near her, even if he's just trying to nuzzle up close to her.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts