Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am a full time student and work a lot and i feel bad for my dog sitting at home all dog i know that if i had 2 dogs the could keep each other company. i just wanted to see what what everybody thinks.

·
Registered
780 Posts
The dog would have company but then you would be in the situation of having two dogs alone all day and longer when you are working.  Not sure it would be the ideal solution.  It would also take them time to get to know each other and if you weren't there to help them through that you might have problems too.  

If you are really thinking about this I would try a rescue and getting an older boxer, you would then know the temperment, etc. and usually older boxers are better when left alone for longer times.  

One option also might be to contact your local AKC or a service that will come to your home and let your dog out to potty and play with it for awhile, sometimes you can get a high school or college student to do this  or maybe a trusted neighbor?  Good luck in whatever you decide!

We have had other breeds before boxers and have found that boxers are a breed who REALLY don't like being alone, most of the other breeds we had didn't mind so much when you left, didn't get anxious or cry but our boxer babies sure do, even if it is just for a little while.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I have to agree with what Boverlove said. Yes, 2 boxers are great for keeping each other company, but they still require that "human bonding", that's one of the big things about having a boxer, they crave human companionship as much, if not more than haviing another fur buddy...My advice, as long as you are still going to school and working would be to leave things as they are...Perhaps you have someone that could come in like once a day, take your pup out for a walk, do some playtime? Also another idea possibly is doggie daycare once or twice a week, I don't know if that's do-able for you or not..With 2 boxers you run the risk of more destruction unless they are crated also, something to keep in mind...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts