Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a male boxer that is 7 months i would like to get another one. i would really like to get another male but i dont know how they would react with each other what they are fully grown. does anybody have just wo males that one i have is not fixed and i dont mind getting a female its just that i dont want to deal with the monthly problems with her. how do 2 males act around one another in the same house, has anybody had their two males fight. if i get a female i wouldnt want to fix her cause i may want to breed.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I personally have never had two males, since I have always had a preference to female's (well dogs that is  :D ).....

I work in Vet Med and that is a question that comes up alot, that people have two males or two females and they fight alot.... I am always asked if spaying/neutering will help......So it is not an uncommon problem for them to fight.

I know there are several people here that have two same sex babies, so I know they will be able to give you some advice.  Just remember no two dogs are ever alike.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Ok, in your present situation, you really would be doing a disservice to another boxer. You stated in your other posts regarding this same subject that you are a student and also work. When would you have time to take care of another boxer? It isn't fair to your pup to have to be crated for that long, plus by bringing in as second pup, where would you keep it? Do you have time for the exercise needed? I would highly recomend getting your male neutered, even if he is your only dog. I believe I also mentioned in your other post that breeding is meant to be a very well thought out thing. Health tests need to be done, research into the perfect mate. Vet visits, etc...Breeding is not to make money!

This is the third time you have asked this same question and I hate to say it, but the answer is going to stay the same. Not trying to be rude, but hoping you will listen and not do something rash..

·
Registered
948 Posts
I'm going to just say that with Toby (2y/o american bulldog/pitbull mix) and Sid (bf's 3y/o pitbull), they get along EXTREMELY well and they're like brothers. I got Toby when Sid was just turning a year old.

Sid grooms Toby and Toby loves every minute of it.. Sid is 65lbs and Toby is 90lbs but the can tear some stuff up when they get playing in the house (lol I don't mind cuz I love my dogs and sacrifice my stuff for them - part of being a multiple dog owner..)..

A lot of people will recommend getting a female because of the whole same sex aggression..

·
Registered
378 Posts
With you being in school right now I dont think it would be a good idea but I dont make the choice for you.Now Im getting 2 puppies & adult but they wouldnt be left at home for no longer than 4 hours out of 3 days of the week.Sometimes I would be able to take them with me to work.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Mine are both boys. They are fine for the most of the time. Neither one of them are neutered, but i plan on it because of the testicular cancer they can get and i wouldnt want that. Zeus is more dominant but when i see him do his dominant behavior i correct him and stop him. They fight every once in a while if they get jealous but i look for the signs and seperate them and get there attention before it ever happens. Its not that bad.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Forgot to mention.. Toby and Sid have both been neutered for almost 2 years now!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts