Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, luckilly, I caught it and boy wasnt it pretty!!! YUCK!!!!! The vet told me that we would have a mess on our hands, and I'm a little worried because we havent, in fact, Tyson hasnt even had an accident in the house(good boy). But the vet told us to expect him to be passing the roundworms for the next couple of days....so far nothing, and I've made sure to look  :roll: Should I be worried that he is not passing them, or does it take more than 2 days to do so??? We had to go to pets mart to the vet because they were the only people open Saturday and it ended up breaking us, so I dont want to take him back to the vet until his next check up unless I HAVE TO. Something to worry about, or just wait it out a couple more days until the medicine runs it corse, also, the vet told us that roundworm is not serious, but from what I saw it looked pretty serious to me. HELP I hate to see my baby sick....

Thanks guys  :bshelp:

·
Registered
508 Posts
I remember when Zeus had gotten sick and he made some bad messes in my house. and i mean it was horrible. i didnt enjoy that at all. he wasnt potty trained at the time. Im glad you havent experienced that. cause if you do, pull out the 409 and all sorts of cleaning stuff. I hope he gets to feeling better.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
They also can absorb roundworms through the body, so they may not pass.  It depends on how bad they were....So just because you are not seeing them, does not mean the wormer is not working.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Good Luck getting rid of them - maybe he just has a mild infestation and you caught it quick? I guess they're one of the grosser things that you have to deal with when you have dog....Voltaire's had worms but i have no idea which ones exactly. He never made a mess and the butt scooting symptoms disappeared 12 hours after the treatment.  :) I tend to treat every 4/6 months whatever because he has been a poop eater in the past :puke:

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Lola had Hookworm (not sure if it's similar to roundworms) and I never saw her pass any of them as the vet said we would.  I did have to bring her back at the end of her treatment to be re-checked though.  
Good luck!  Feel better Tyson!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all, He is feeling fine running circles around the house at the moment....He has an appointment a week from saturday because he has to have another treatment, but all is well Im sure now that I have seen what everyone has to say. Thanks again so much

·
Registered
977 Posts
p.s. after reading Tootsie's link i'm feeling panic - can we really catch 'em too 8O  OMG how revolting :sick:
Glad Tyson's doing better -  :)

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Yeah...it kind of gives you the heebegeebies huh?   8O   Did I just write heebegeebies???? :?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts