Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been pretty cold lately so we haven't really had a chance to take him on a walk (we have a big back yard for him to run in though) so the only times he has been on a leash is for his vet checkups and needless to say he really really doesn't like it.... If he feels even a little bit of pressure on his neck from the leash he will sit down and not move. I'm obviously not going to drag him but I want him to get used to his leash. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get him used to it???

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
We went through this with Blue, what we did when he would stop and freeze, was stop and say positive stuff like "come on, lets go," to get him to come, then when he started to come, reward him with GOOD BOY! Eventually he learned that walking ment he was a good boy. Tyson may think that leashes mean vets. Maybe teaching him that leash means good things.

·
Registered
893 Posts
TRY putting the leash on him in the house and let him drg it to get use to it. Small walks with a lot of praise work well, if he stops or pulls the leassh turn in a differet direction.Praise Praise Praise

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
lulu\";p=\"78216 said:
TRY putting the leash on him in the house and let him drg it to get use to it. Small walks with a lot of praise work well, if he stops or pulls the leassh turn in a differet direction.Praise Praise Praise
What Luann said is what I see reccommended on the forum most often.  Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts