Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a house, that we are leasing to own, and the landlord has been working on our property for about 3 weeks now. My yard is about an acre big, and the front is about another half an acre. Well, they have ripped out about 20-25 trees, so there is nowhere to walk around because of all of the trees and holes in the yard. (literally, I cant take more than 3 steps in any direction). Anyway, Tyson will not go out to the yard to go to the bathroom, he knows that he is not supposed to go on the deck or the porch, and he knows he will get in big trouble if he goes in the house, and wont go if we are on a walk. So.....he goes in his bed and covers it up with his blanket so I wont notice it. The poor thing. I wouldnt want to go potty somewhere I was cramped either. What to do???
I have asked the landlord when he was going to dispose of all the trees and he said that his budget is lower than he expected. Ya, I know, Seriously not going to buy this house now, anyway, so I asked him if he could move some of the trees so my dogs could have some sort of yard and he just sat there with this look on his face like "dogs arent my priority" and said nothing and walked away. I figured that he got the hint and would move something around, but that was 3 days ago. and nothing has happened except tyson making a mess in his crate. He knows hes in trouble to because instead of being happy when I come home, he is ashamed. :(
I have tried pee pads, but he thinks that going in the house is a no-no. and wont use them. Hes such a smart boy, and I hate to see him not happy. Does anyone have any suggestions???

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Wow what a mess! The only thing I can offer is that you get Tyson used to going on walks. It doesn't seem like your landlord is in a big rush to get those trees out of there, so what other choice do you have, unless you move them yourself.  8O  When I first got Maddie she would not go potty on our walks either, but after about a week of walking, walking, and more walking, she will go potty on our walks when she is leashed. I think it is just a matter of him getting used to it.
It really sucks that Tyson doesn't even have anywhere to run around, especially with such a nice big propperty. Why did your landlord take so many trees out? Such a shame he won't clean up the mess he started.  :?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont know what the landlord is thinking. he alsoo took all of the gravel out of the driveway, so now its just mud. and they are putting siding up that looks like green baby poop-if you understand what that looks like- ugh. mad i am..... My puppies need run around room!!!!!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I am in the same situation as you...lease to buy home.  Have yu told your landlord that if he doesn't fix this crap that you may change your mind about buying?  You have a lot of power in this situation.  If they really want you to buy, they will fix it.

My landlord figured that out the hard way.  e had started getting all of our paperwork together and they decided they were going to do some landscaping with a large amount of rocks in my front yard (our dirt is red and the rocks were going to be white...do you see where I'm going with this?).  I told the mthat if they want us to buy the house that they will reconsider the rock landscaping as they aren't the ones that will have to live with it or rip it out when the rocks turn red from the dirt.  I told them that if they want to landscape and have us still but the house that they should use flowers and that I will do the majority of the upkeep on it (I love to garden anyways).  They agreed and now I have some really pretty landscaping.  I also did a lot of the landscaping in the backyard on my own and they reimbursed me for it because it has the potential to increase the value of the house.

I'm a bit pushy when it comes to something I'm going to spend this much money on...especially if I have to live in it.

Hope this helps!!

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
948 Posts
How do you find homes that have the option for Lease to buy?? I'd love to do that!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I told him that I hated the color that he was siding the house, he just said it will look good when he finishes (which btw half of my house still sits unsided) I told him that we have to live and the reason that we want the house is because of all the room it has for the dogs. Theres nothing that he will do. and because of his un-cooperativeness We wont be buying that house. I loved it the way it was. ROCK NOT SIDING!!!!!!!!! I just think hes not getting it. Ill let him know that he is changing my mind on buying and see if that helps him clean up his mess a little faster. :aua:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Yeah i would throw it back in his face and let him know you arent happy. And i would try to get Tyson to go potty out on walks and stuff. Sorry you are having to go through this. Poor little Tyson. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts