Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kinda long...sorry...Well yesterday I spent the day with Ty in the hospital.  He was having the "runs" really bad since friday, so I called his vet and he gave me some tips over the phone, saying if it gets worse bring him in.  So sunday, his "runs" turns into just blood.  So I packed him up and to the hospital we were.  The vet gave him some shots, fluids, meds etc. and sent us home to see if it gets better.  Ty has been sleeping since, and has not gone #2 yet.  We are still trying to figure out what it could be.  The vet said if things dont get better, we might have to do blood work.  I know its hard to say, but does anyone have any ideas on what it could be?  His diet has not changed, and I know he could not have gotten into anything.  He is crate trained when I am not around, and I have my eye on him when we are together.  

Anybody have any ideas?

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Sorry, no ideas. Could be so many things. I just wanted to send some {{healing and positive vibes}} your way. I hope Tyson feels better soon.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
same here..could be so many things..went through it with Isis and never found the reason..

hoping things get much better :)

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
At 6 months old I am guessing he has had all his shots so that throws off the thoughts of Parvo. There are parasites and worms that can cause loose stool.  If a dog has loose stool long enough or bad enough there will be blood in it just from going so much sometimes mucas too.  There are also some stomach virus that will cause it and you can never really pin-point why.  Certain table foods can cause it if they are not use to them, a change in food, a change in treats.  There are just so many things!!!  When you went in did they check his stool?  I would guess they would start there......
If he is not better soon I would go back though.....Good luck!!!!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I hope Tyson gets to feeling better.  I know Sadie had loose stool while on antibiotics.  Charlie is prone to loose stools.  Most of his start out solid and end soft.  We've tried about 1/2 dozen foods.  We may try again for his sake her soon.  I know alot of folks will say Merrick, but that is my last option because of cost.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts