Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From time to time I check out the so called "breeders" website that my bf got Lola from.  

I just looked on it:

"I will be expecting 2 litters around the 1st week of June 2008. They should be ready for their new home by the 1st or 2nd week of August.  Both litters will  have champion bloodlines and be a mixture of brindle and black puppies. The Prices will be from $750 - $1,000 depending on color and markings."

Black?!?!  Does that really say black??!?!  :aua:

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
:roll: unreal Alicia..i know..so aggrivating isnt it

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ky - not only is it aggravating, but it makes me worry about Lola's health in the future.  Who knows if they health tested and what not.  I wouldn't change a thing but I stress to newbies looking for a pup - RESEARCH!  

I just looked at all the pictures of the dogs - it's as clear as day that they are reverse brindle, you can see the markings.  So hopefully that's what they meant?

Yeah Rich, those prices are outrageous!  We didn't pay that for Lola and she was transported to us via plane!  Maybe that's the going rate for "black" boxers!  :wink:

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
My kids were both at 850.00 with spay/neuter contract - heath tested parents from Oklahoma.  So if you are paying anything where north of 850.00 Id expect some health screening, limited registration unless a show prospect to be in place:)

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Also if a breeder is charging more based on color IMO run for the hills.   The only time a dog from the same litter should be less than another if its on full registration or sometimes a white.  I know many breeders who produce a white pup place it as a pup for just the cost of the s/n.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
My my my....The ultra rare "black" Boxers appears again....And of course, you know people will fall for it....

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
to be fair she may very well know there arent black boxers so at least maybe she isnt stupid alicia? but a lot of people call sealed brindle "black" so maybe she is trying to market using the terminology now just to get ahead. it is still a bad thing to do in my opinion and will scare off responsible buyers but maybe she doesnt care :( anyway i was just trying to find something positive for you alicia but it's hard with things like that.

And heather yea ive been looking for health tested pups out this way and i found one breeder i trusted but had a litter at that time and was not going to breed again for 2 more years or so. If i decide to wait that long i might go with her but mav will be 3 then so who knows....she did all the testing and her whites were less and everything was spay neuter.  i will never pay for an non health tested pup and certainly not the prices these crazy people are charging around here!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've seen a site that claims to have and breed black boxers.They even have the history of black boxers.The funny thing is, the history says they died out,but he doesn't say where his come from.How can he have some if they died out.His males don't look pure at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts