Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
There are several people on here that have had to deal with demodex.  Duke had it but it wasn't nearly as bad as some of the others on here.  I'm sure they can give you lots of advice.  As far as it being contagious, I was told that it wasn't; my lab mix didn't get it when Duke had it.  

Give Autumn lots of love from us; i hope it gets better soon.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I'm sorry you are having so many problems with Autumn. I don't have any exp. with Demodex so I can't help you there.
Hopefully the treatment plan starts working effectively and people stop being so ignorant with poor Autumn.
Lots of luck!

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I have no experience or advice on the Demodex, but I just wanted to say how sorry I am for what you and Autumn are going through.  Lola was sick a lot in her first year and I had over $3,000 in vet bills that year alone.....so I feel your pain and frustration.  

As someone told me after my 20th vet visit with Lola....."There's a reason you have her, no one else would have dealt with all this and taken such good care of her as you have."  I believe the same for you and Autumn.  

Hope things turn around soon and you both start feeling better!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Both of my pups had and it, but it wasnt near as bad. I think the vet found it pretty quick. I didnt even notice the spots, but she did and suggested we do a skin scrape. Both came back positive. We did a series of mitaban dips. One every 2 weeks. The vet suggested that we do 5, but ended up only doing 4. My female had a reaction to the last dip(nothing big, just some skin sensitivity which went away over night), so I decided not to do the 5th on either one. Since the last dip we haven't had any problems and their skin/hair looks good.

Hang in there, it will get better eventually. I know it can be frustrating and VERY EXPENSIVE.

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Awwww anita and Autumn :cry:

Well. . ..these babies will be the death of us wont they. There always seems to be something going on :(
The good thing is that you are doing all you can for her, and she is on meds :)

Ignore those ppl, we all love Autumn here, there just jealous caus they cant handle a Boxer :lol:

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I had one with pretty bad demodex once.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts