Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i came home from work on weds to find that sumya had ripped apart another dog bed.so i cleaned everything up and that was the end of it.then this evening(2 days later) she had a bout of diarrhea and i noticed there was something in it that looked like tiny wood chips, she loves to play with sticks outside so i thought it was from that.
i went out for a couple of hours and i just got home and saw that she had thrown up in her cage and it was the stuffing from her bed! i saw more of those little woodchips in it and realized that it was the cedar they put in with stuffing, i am guessing that it also what was in her poop.what i am wondering is is it making her sick and is there anything i can do or will it pass on its own?

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Not an expert but from other posts I would watch her carefully;  if she isn't pooping or her vomit smells like poop then take her to the vet. I would think it is a good thing that she is vomiting and pooping at least it is getting out of her system.  Hope she feels better soon.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Barb...this is super-gross, but tell me about the vomit that smells like poop. It happens with my whippet occasionally.

Ugh.   :roll:

Thanks--Julia

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Julia - It has been my understanding (i'm not sure if this is right) that if the vomit smells like poop, it is because there is a blockage in the intestines and the poop cannot get out the proper end.

Sumyasmom - my opinion is that it is good that she is getting the bedding out of her system any way she can.  I don't know if cedar is toxic, maybe someone else can chime in here, or ask the vet.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Well at least she's getting rid it thru poop and puking. I can't imagine cedar chips being toxic. An awful lot of pet beds are made out of that material.Last week  Blitzen just tore a zipper off of her bed and it was full of that same stuff. Don't know how much if any she ate. She hasn't puked yet and her poop looks O.K.  :D

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I hope Sumya is feeling better today.. cedar is non toxic from what my vet told me when Chloe decided to eat a bunch of cedar mulch unless they are allergic to it.  Chloe and Brodi send Sumya a whole bunch of feel better kissies.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Just caught this Rebecca, how is Sumya this morning?

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sumya was doing better this morning(it was a really long night) her poop was fine and no more vomiting.i just got home after being out for a couple of hours to find she had totally destroyed the blanket i put in to replace her bed!! i don't know if she ate any of it.i guess time will tell, she seems fine and pooped on her walk just now.what am i going to do with her?! :roll: thanks for the info and the well wishes everyone!!! we appreciate it! :D

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
:roll: Isis ate about 5 dog beds all with cedar ..this is why we dont buy them anymore..shes a weirdo..shes got 3 body pillows in her crate now and shes never torn them..
>>>JUST the dog beds with cedar in them<<<

hope Sumya is feeling better :D

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
My dogs had a toga party today with a dog pillow.  Now they will get nothing but their dog blanket and a hard tile floor.   One step above what they get if they were in jail.  Little shats, this will teach them to appreciate the things they have!!!

Glad Sumya is feeling better:)

·
Registered
882 Posts
I had put Gaby in her cage a while back for a while because I had to leave for a few hours, and when I got back she had also completely distroyed her dog bed...luckily she didn't eat and, but now when she goes in her cage, it's no bed and no blanket for her....I'm sure it's not the most comfotable but I would rather her be uncomfortable then pottentially have a blockage....anyway glad to hear poor Sumya is feeling better :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts