Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that one of the breeders we contacted before adopting Serena has had a litter. The information page states the dogs are AKC & UKC registered. Just out of curiosity, what is UKC registration? I know I'm a newbie to the boxer (and dog world), but I have never heard of UKC. The breeder is located in the State of Delaware.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No takers on my question about the UKC, lol? Perhaps the breeder made a mistake on her website and meant the CKC. The only reference I found to UKC is United Kennel Club in Kalamazoo, Michigan, which is doubtful since the breeder is located in Delaware.

I think I will email her to ask, because its got me curious. :)

·
Registered
907 Posts
UKC is the United Kennel Club. Depending it can be an ok registry or sub par. They offer more events than AKC and a more relaxed setting for conformation shows. Some breeders that do show in AKC will show their UK or import dogs in UKC.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
7,011 Posts
UKC requires that the dog must come from a recognizable registry prior to getting their UKC registration. So the dog must also be registered American or Canadian kennel club for example. They focus more on actual conformation rather than ring side politics.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great, thanks everyone! :clap: I had half-convinced myself it was probably a typo in her website.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts