Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought me my first boxer, about a week ago.  I noticed he doesn't have an underbite.  Is this something that develops over time, or should he have been born with an underbite?  Any info will help.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I may develop over time; usually there will be a tight reverse scissors bite in a puppy, and the amount of underbite progresses as they get older. :)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Both of ours underbite got worse over time.  Charlie is almost two, and that gap is a little bigger than my thumb.  Sadie will be one soon and hers is probably 1/2 as big as Charlie's.

·
Registered
880 Posts
My five year old females underbite is ridiculous if you left up her lips she looks like predator.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
My older two have VERY prominant underbites now...not so much as puppies...Pua has had one since DAY ONE!LOL! (she also has a very pouty lower lip...gotta love it!LOL!)

G

·
0 Posts
Binga didn't have an underbite at all as a puppy.  She has a pretty prominant one now.  Is funny when her lip gets stuck on a tooth    :lol:

Bear doesn't have an underbite yet either.  I am looking forward to when it starts showing actually.  I love the way it looks on them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well thats all good news, I was going to be pretty disappointed if Bruce was stuck with a perfectly aligned jaw for the rest of his life.  I do agree with you Bingasmom, the underbite does look good on boxers.  Thanks for all the input from everyone.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Tessie has such a bad underbite that when you lift up the top lip you can't see the top teeth at all...LOL I just think it is the cutest thing ever. I will put up pictures as soon as I upload them online... :eek:

·
Registered
362 Posts
My wife freaked out one day because she could see Cooper's top teeth at all.  She thought he'd knocked them out.  We both love his underbite.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Major has a huge underbite....if you lift his jowls up you can't see his front teeth.  It seems to be getting bigger as time goes on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts