Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boxer recently got neutered.And since he did a couple of dogs who he used to get on with react to him and attack him in the dog park.One owner told me its because he has just been neutered.Would this be correct because I am unsure.

·
Registered
5,526 Posts
Well I can't answer your question as to "Why," he is being attacked by his friend's?? As I am not a "Pro," but pretty much like every "Pro," I follow and recommend. I don't do "Dog Park's," because I don't trust other Dog's and I don't put my "Dog's," in harms way! My dog's trust me to "have there back," and they "know," I won't put them in harm's way! Your dog, not so much??

All a "Dog," need's is you! They don't need "Doggie Friend's!" Every time, you take him to the "Dog Park," and he gets attacked?? He learns you don't have his "back??" He's fighting for his life and where are you?? Your actually teaching him, that other dog's are Bad! So I best get them before they get me!

A "leash reactive dog," is what your "training," and I would say ... "Good Luck with that!" He has already been attacked. How many times do you want to see that happen before "you," learn better?

Your fighting a battle you don't have to fight. Stay out of the "Dog Park," and he "won't learn that "every dog is an A-Hole and that he can't trust "you," to keep him safe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I can't answer your question as to "Why," he is being attacked by his friend's?? As I am not a "Pro," but pretty much like every "Pro," I follow and recommend. I don't do "Dog Park's," because I don't trust other Dog's and I don't put my "Dog's," in harms way! My dog's trust me to "have there back," and they "know," I won't put them in harm's way! Your dog, not so much??

All a "Dog," need's is you! They don't need "Doggie Friend's!" Every time, you take him to the "Dog Park," and he gets attacked?? He learns you don't have his "back??" He's fighting for his life and where are you?? Your actually teaching him, that other dog's are Bad! So I best get them before they get me!

A "leash reactive dog," is what your "training," and I would say ... "Good Luck with that!" He has already been attacked. How many times do you want to see that happen before "you," learn better?

Your fighting a battle you don't have to fight. Stay out of the "Dog Park," and he "won't learn that "every dog is an A-Hole and that he can't trust "you," to keep him safe.
Hi there.Thanks for the reply I think.To clarify this has happened twice since he got neutered but never happened before that.And I was in control of both of those situations beside my dog so there was never in any way any danger to him.This situation never happened before he got neutered.And I have been told dogs can sense when another dog has just been neutered.That was my question.My dog has had many a great day down there before with lots of running and interaction.So maybe you feel its best that your dog only needs you but my dog loves the social interaction he gets from there and I wouldnt stop that on him if I could.But if he is in any way unhappy with going I wouldn't bring him.

·
Registered
979 Posts
How long has it been since his neutering site has healed? Is it leaking or is it closed all the way up? Maybe the other dogs are smelling the "injury" site its hard to tell but some dogs gang up when they are in "pack" form on what they see as a weaker animal. Another thing is it takes a while for the testosterone levels to drop after neutering so that could be the thing too. I would try to go at a different time when those other dogs are not there for awhile. Dog parks can be tricky and often "bully" dogs will target Boxers I don't know why. I don't like dog parks either because very often it seems people have no idea what their dog is capable of maybe it would be possible to go earlier and arrange to meet a dog you know is friends with yours. I would also caution you on the dogs attacking your dog this could cause him to see all dogs as possible assailants and make him want to fight.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How long has it been since his neutering site has healed? Is it leaking or is it closed all the way up? Maybe the other dogs are smelling the "injury" site its hard to tell but some dogs gang up when they are in "pack" form on what they see as a weaker animal. Another thing is it takes a while for the testosterone levels to drop after neutering so that could be the thing too. I would try to go at a different time when those other dogs are not there for awhile. Dog parks can be tricky and often "bully" dogs will target Boxers I don't know why. I don't like dog parks either because very often it seems people have no idea what their dog is capable of maybe it would be possible to go earlier and arrange to meet a dog you know is friends with yours. I would also caution you on the dogs attacking your dog this could cause him to see all dogs as possible assailants and make him want to fight.
Hi there.Thanks for that.Very helpfull indeed.Its 3 weeks sinse he got done and the wound is fully healed very well.The dog in question did always get on with him but changed last week.Very interesting on the testosterone thing though.I shall avoid the park for a good while though.He just loved going there thats all.But yes I have noticed the bpxer thing and read about it before.Many thanks again.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Hi there.Thanks for that.Very helpfull indeed.Its 3 weeks sinse he got done and the wound is fully healed very well.The dog in question did always get on with him but changed last week.Very interesting on the testosterone thing though.I shall avoid the park for a good while though.He just loved going there thats all.But yes I have noticed the bpxer thing and read about it before.Many thanks again.
Find him some new friends to play with! Boxers do love playing so just avoid that dog!

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
I believe it can take up to 6 weeks for the hormones to diminish after surgery. So it is likely the other dogs do not yet see him as being neutered.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts