Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked on the WI Rescue website today and they had this dog, Toby.  I just wish I could have another dog but I just don't have enough room.  I am trying so hard to do the right thing and not try to get him.  Here is his info and picture:

TOBY

MY STORY:  Hi, I'm Toby.  Aren't I a handsome guy?  I am a purebred Boxer, in case you wondered about my coloring.  I am so dark that I'm essentially black (I would technically be called a reverse brindle).  I was surrendered to rescue because there was another dog in my home who just didn't like me so one of us had to go.  I get along with other dogs just fine, though!  Oh, I also wanted to let you know that I am a big boy.

HOUSEBROKEN? Yes

TRAINING?  Obedience classes are a requirement for adopting me. (The rescue requires obedience classes for all dogs under three.)

GOOD WITH CHILDREN? Yes

GOOD WITH DOGS? Yes  

GOOD WITH CATS? Not known.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous!  Of course someone must claim him, and they probably will!  Are you sure you can't fit him in?  They love to have company and I find they help entertain each other. I have always had a pair male/female. Of, course, there is a bigger expense with two.  I'm naughty, aren't I?  

Nano

·
Registered
186 Posts
i cant even look at the recue sites here in tx, it breaks my heart and makes me want to go adopt all of them!! he is a very pretty dog!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Ditto that Summer, every time I look, I fall in love with one and then I look at my 2 and think, good lord, what am I thinking? Barb, he's a handsome guy, it would be awful hard to resist him....

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First I have to talk to my nephew who owns the condo and see how he feels (he has two goldens and they live next door).  We do have a big back yard that we share and he is considering fencing it in this fall.  I decided that if Toby is on the site for a while and my nephew doesn't have a problem, I will contact the Rescue and make an appointment to see if Kiah and he will get along. Toby is 2 and Kiah will be 1 in August.

I guess my other concern is that she has only been with me for less than three months and not sure how she would take the introduction of a new dog.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
you can always take him on a trial basis....See how things work, how he fits in, with the understanding that you will have to return him if it does not work out for you.  Kind of take as a foster situation.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Wow...he is gorgeous!! Hard to resist.... :wink:

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guess it wasn't ment to be, Toby already has a waiting list for him.  I know that the rescue will choose a good home for him.  

I am going to stick to my plan; next spring Kiah will be with me for a year, the yard will be fenced and then I will look at adopting another dog.  I am hoping I won't have to crate her by then.  I have left her for several hours, while working outside in the garden and she has done well so far.  She usually just goes into her crate to sleep while I am outside.  Although I did find her on the couch once  :lol:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Well, here's hoping that Toby finds his forever home, he's a gorgous boy, I'm sure he will. Barb, maybe it wasn't the right time, at least you know that he is wanted! It definitely will give you time to get your yard fenced and all and Kiah will have settled in as well...But, oh do I know the feeling, just wanting to bring another baby home... :)

·
Registered
627 Posts
He is so gorgeous!!!  I can't go to shelters or look at rescue sites either.

I was at a local animal shelter once and came across a small fawn Boxer.  The previous owners surrendered her because she was too big for kids.  How messed up is that?!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts