Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I posted about this pretty large lump appearing on Lucy's stomach right where her spay incision was 5 months after her spay. I took her to the vet today and he said this happens occassionally, not to worry, gave some Cephalaxin (sp?) and said she should be fine. He said in VERY rare instances they have to go back in to fix surgically. Just what Sharon said...Heck Sharon, if you could get us all the meds, we could just be sending you the $$ for all the medical advice you have given us and ditch our local vets!  :lol: In any case, I am glad my baby girl is gonna be ok.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
that's good news, so glad that everything is ok

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
good to hear that it wasn't anything serious and that Lucy is going to be alright!
I ditto that on Sharon! She is definatly an asset for us to have around here!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I am glad it was that situation and you should see it go down with the Cephalexin....Hopefully that will be the end of it, but at least you know what you are looking at and what to "maybe" expect from it!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I meant to also add that you can try warm/cold compress on the area...rotate them out!  It may help the swelling go down a little faster :)

·
Registered
696 Posts
GabysDaddy\";p=\"91183 said:
AAww glad to hear it was nothing serious :D
:yes: Sending healthy vibes for a speedy recovery! :)

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Whew, glad to hear it wasn't anything serious...Ditto what was said about Sharon, I have no doubt you have eased a lot of our minds and given us tons of awesome tips & advice :)

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Sharon, I started the meds yesterday and the redness was already gone this morning. The swelling is not so bad today either. The vet said that she probably didn't even need the meds but it would make it go away faster. I don't know if I could get her to stay still long enough for the compresses. Of course she acts like nothing, still rough and tough as ever - crazy little girl... :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts