Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, its been a while, but my boys are doing great, Tuck is now 7 months, and 71 pounds!! He is getting so big.Also my 1 1/2 year old is looking a bit thin he is 75 pounds, but you can see all of his ribs. How can I put weight on him, he just doesnt seem to like eating the food (Purina). Any info will be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Maybe try working into a different food, see the diet tips and info section. Could be food boredom and time for a change. You could also try peanut butter snacks for treats.  Don't worry too much about the ribs, you should be able to see a couple ribs especially since yours are still pretty young, too much bulk is unhealthy and hard on bones and joints. If they are active, have been wormed and are healthy looking, I'd think you were ok.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
I would rotate in another food, or continue using the one you have but add some cottage cheese, egg and other stuff to get him to eat and put some pounds on.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Try a protein snack with a Kong, see the post about stuffing a Kong for some good ideas

1 - 4 of 4 Posts