Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Re: Update- Bo is at the vet for his surgery...

On keeping him in his crate that all depends on how active he is.  Alot of times it is best to keep him up the night he comes home because he will be tired and Jetta may bug him while he is not feeling well.  But, usually the day after they are okay and back to eating and acting normal.....The main thing is to limit his activity so his testicle sack does not swell and also make sure he is not licking or chewing at the stitch's....If that means keeping him in his kennel more for the next few days then that is what he needs to do.  Also going out to the bathroom keep him on a leash so he is less likely to run....I am sure he will do great!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Re: Update- Bo is at the vet for his surgery...

Oh, and don't be surprised if you look down and it seems like "they" are still there!  When I was walking out with Felix I looked and was like "what the heck did they do??" but it was just the swelling.
Felix got laser surgery and he didn't get up the whole night of except once to go potty.  The next day he was a little stiff legged, but otherwise normal- and even energetic the 3rd day.  Keeping them still seems to help the swelling go down, and that was certainly the case with Felix, he was still swollen a couple weeks afterward b/c he wouldn't keep quiet.
Fingers crossed for Bo!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Bo is home...already having trouble keeping him still...wouldn't let me pick him up to put him in the truck or take him up the 3 steps to our house...he's already wanting food and water...and has peed already...I'm really gonna have a struggle with keeping this guy calm!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Dungy didnt even know he was fixed i think... i basically couldnt keep him calm lol... he played more the first two days then b4... we gave up on trying to get him to be calm and just let him do what he wanted w/ a Elizabethan collar on... it has almost been a week and nothing has happened he is perfect

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Glad to hear it went well with Bo..Yup, keeping them quiet is a tough one at times.. :)

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
aquagirl900\";p=\"76797 said:
Bo is home...already having trouble keeping him still...wouldn't let me pick him up to put him in the truck or take him up the 3 steps to our house...he's already wanting food and water...and has peed already...I'm really gonna have a struggle with keeping this guy calm!
We and Mic and Indy done at the same time to avoid them trying to play with eachother when one of them was supposed to be resting...HA! When the vet said "keep them quiet" I said "WHERE ARE THE SEDATIVES!" LOL!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Jetta is determined to NOT let Bo stay calm...Bo...he just wants love, attention, and food...he didn't like the NPO lol

BTW- he has now gained a total of 2.4 lbs since we got him...in 3 months...jeez...

21 - 30 of 30 Posts