Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont think I have ever seen a Fawn with this much white. Almost looks like a cow. My girlfriend is considering getting her...

Attachments

·
Registered
696 Posts
Re: Have you ever....

OMG -- I'd jump on the chance to own her! She's a beauty & what is known as a "checked" or "parti-colored" Boxer! :love:

But... what Heather says is true. Usually pups that look like this are a result of poor breeding. When you see pups like this... a lot of the times one or both of the parents have more than 1/3 body white (or one may even be a white Boxer - which is a no no). So... I'd let your friend know to be wary.

·
Registered
696 Posts

Me too, Ginger...shhhh ;)

·
Registered
236 Posts

I love the flashy ones too!   My Dixie's mom was all white and not a white or flashy pup in the litter.  She produced three fawns, one reverse brindle, and the rest were brindle.

·
Registered
880 Posts

She's very cute, and perhaps she is a result of poor breeding (even though we have no evidence to suggest that) but there are a lot of boxers on this forum that are a result of irresponsible breeding that have made fabulous pets and are valued members of their households!

·
Registered
8,155 Posts

perhaps she is a result of poor breeding (even though we have no evidence to suggest that) but there are a lot of boxers on this forum that are a result of irresponsible breeding that have made fabulous pets and are valued members of their households!
And yes I totally agree J&O 100% however shall someone be *purchasing* the dog from a breeder IMO best to really make sure they are legit - thats all.  If you look at my post I said *usually* a result.  Since there is no info on if the dog is a rescue, from two Ch. Parents or what not, its inconclusive.  However a sad fact that a majority of mismarked dog or odd irregular patterns are a result "most" of the time from one parent being white and poor breeding.   I dont get blinded by puppies, some do, I think I have heard way too many people battle health and temeperment issues that could have been avoided.   Yes regardless of  where they came from I am sure they make fab pets, but why support something (bad breeding) if you dont agree with it?   (if the said pet is being purchased)

On certain topics, I won't sugar coat things, but will put them in my perspective not to be critical or to attack, but informative - thats all  :lol:

·
Registered
696 Posts

*hugz* You know I still love ya, Heather!! ;)

G

·
0 Posts

Leanne\";p=\"91565 said:
Almost looks like a cow.
I love this description  :)

Not sure of her background and her breeding...   I would tell your girlfriend to find out more info.

BUT she is adorable!  I love the "cow" look on her   :)

·
Registered
4,661 Posts

It is ok to say that she is a cute puppy..because she is. Here on the forum though what boxer puppy isnt cute though?  :wink:

We all have at some point not done any research when getting a puppy and most of us had tragedies happen due to health or other issues. It really is a catch22 b/c we want these dogs to have loving homes, but we dont want to put money in irresponsible hands. I would def suggest that your friend do her research on the breeder and the parents. I hope everything works out for the best for everyone involved and this little lady finds a wonderful home.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

She is NOT buying Tink. She is doing a trial this weekend and if all goes well Tink will be given to her.

·
Registered
280 Posts

It looks more like a boxer then our Sammy.. Our Sammy has a long nose unlike Lexie who is 100% boxer.. :lol:

Anyhow, I'd go with the boxer, I think it looks cute!

Chase

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A better picture...She is so freakin cute..If I didnt have 3 I would take her....

Attachments

·
Registered
696 Posts
Aww... she really is adorable! So is she previously owned or something? I say this b/c you say if all goes well, "Tink" will be given to her? That's cool. I hope everything works out for all those envolved. If I wasn't already bringing Nico home soon (I hope), I'd take her in a heartbeat! ;)

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Im not to clear on the story. I guess this guy she works with has a male and female, obviously neither fixed. Anyway, they had puppies and there looking for good homes. They say there not trying to make money on them but I dont think this is the first litter. Maybe a BYB I dont know. My girlfriend is bringing her home for the weekend to see how things go. IMO I dont see what a weekend is going to do, shes only 10 weeks. Shes had alot of dogs before but never a boxer. Im trying to talk her out of it...I already told her that I see myself rescueing her in about a year...

Sara, I thought you were bringing Reeko home??

·
Registered
696 Posts
Hmm -- that's too bad. I'd hate to see the poor pup suffer b/c your friend was going through 'puppy fever.' I hope everything works out for the best for the little girl. If I could, I'd take her! ;)

*haha* Oh... I'm sorry - I should have been more clear. I am bringing Reeko home, but I've okayed it by Cindi that I'm going to be changing his name to, Nico (pronounced just like Reeko -- Nee-Ko). :)

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
i saw a similar one at the boxer meet sunday..shes in my slideshow..Chloe..alot of white..and there was alot of talk about it..she was a rescue..from a breeder using her for money SAD !!!

we all know the terrible things that happen..and the aweful things that happen to whites...we are jsut lucky that Isis doesnt have any MAJOR health issues as of yet..at 6 1/2..hope it stays that way..

good luck in your search..hope it all goes well..she IS very pretty

1 - 20 of 29 Posts