Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UPDATED 4-01-08  :cry:

Well Lily went to the vet this morning Teresa (President of the Boxer Rescue) took her since I was teaching.  She meet me at my church to pick her up.  Well I got a phone call around 2:15 and I got the worst news........ Extremely Aggressive Cancer.   She said that since she was my rescue that I could make that decision..... :cry:   I cried.  I knew the right thing to do is to let her go.  The vet said that it would keep coming back and in her weak condition that all she would do is lay around and be uncomfortable. And Teresa said and I agree that she would never be adopted out bc she was deaf and had cancer, and that the care was going to be long and ongoing. I also asked if she had been bred,  And yes she had OMG she was someones freaking paycheck they bred her and never even cared about her health and then they moved and left her behind!!!  It makes me sick that someone could do this.   Some days I wish I wasnt a God Fearing Woman bc I would love to find her old owners  and knock them around and starve them and then when they got cancer I would just leave out all by themselves to die.  (Side note I hope they didnt have any other dogs and I feel sorry for people that bought puppies from them)
So as of this afternoon Lily has passed on to a better place.  I am thankful that she found her way to me and that I was able to clean her up and give her food, pain medicine and a warm pillow to lay on.  At least she was comfortable her last few days.  

And I thank Red Dirt Boxer Rescue from the bottom of my heart!!!!!

I cant believe someone would let their dog end up like this. I cried when they brought her to me.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Re: I cant believe the condition of this poor girl!!!!!

WTF gosh i cant stand people....my heart breaks for this poor girl! How could something like this freaking happen...or be allowed to happen...why did the neighbors wait so long for something to be done!? So many question run through my head...but I am so glad you have her now and she will be taken care of! Thank you for doing sucha a kind thing for this poor baby!  I also hope the police or the rescue find who did this to her...she deserves justice!

WTH did these neighbors say to you when they brought her to you?!

·
Registered
4,213 Posts

OMG that poor girl. All the questions are running through my head too, like WHY the neighbors waited a WEEK?! The poor girl must have been mistreated before that to be in such a state now, I feel so bad for her and other dogs that are treated this way...it just boggles my mind.

I am so glad you took her in, she is probably so happy to have a bath and be in a warm home with lots of love. Looks like Duke has taken a liking to her too! She looks 100% Boxer to me just with very malnutrition. I'm keeping her in my thoughts, she is such a cutie pie.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts

OMG..just seeing those pics brought tears to my eyes. That is beyond sad and down right stomach turning. That poor baby! A big thank you for taking her in and giving her the care she most defineatly needs. Is anything going to be done to the jerks who left her???

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Well I have taken plenty of pictures that I will be giving to the rescue.  She was left by the neighbors and the lady said she saw her still over there (rural area) and she knew they moved so she brought her to her house and discovered what kind of condition she was in.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts

Ohhh man that is horrible. I think that people who treat their dogs like that should have to try living in the same conditions and see how long they last.
Thank goodness for people like you with a heart giving her the love and care that she deserves!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I was so wrapped up in getting her to me, that I forgot to ask the dh, he is upset that I didnt consult him first but I just said look at her and tell me that I didnt do the right thing.  I know I have no idea what is going to happen with her.  I dont know what the stuff is on stomach, I pray its not cancer.  And duke loves her!!! they are so sweet together!  (just found out she is food aggressive too but i dont blame her, she needs it) She is so good with my son to, she just sniffs around and pretty much sticks to us like glue.    

Well Im hoping she is pure boxer bc the rescue is looking at all of her pics now and they said they could help only if she was pure boxer.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts

This sweetie is 100% boxer.  Hope she finds her forever home and lives happily ever after.

Thank you for taking her in!

Nano

·
Registered
462 Posts

Is keeping her an option...LOL

Looks like she was a baby machine... Poor thing. I just couldnt leave mine to rot like that...I hope she gets to go to a REALLY good home...

·
Registered
2,592 Posts

Keep us posted on how she is doing and if you find out any more information on this beautiful girl.

G

·
0 Posts

hi ashley.  she doesn't look pit mix to me, but i can't tell very well from the pics.  need some pics of her face from different angles without holding her chin.

those bastards! makes me so sick.

if red dirt can get her vetted, i think i can talk my husband into fostering her.  my thor is strange dog aggressive, but he's been mellowing more.  we've had a foster before and my son was the one that finally got him to cut the crap and 'meet'.

my vetty is just a pest and will do the 'nah nah nah nah nah' thru the crate at the other dog.  she's a nut!

let me know what you hear from red dirt.  i put a call in to them too, to let me know if they'll sponsor her and i can hopefully foster her.

you did great taking her!!  sometimes we just have to jump and do it and worry about what we'll do with them once we get them.

i'm sure she's loving the food, water and lovins!

·
Registered
544 Posts

Some people shouldn't be allowed to even go near animals...I can't believe what some people think they can do!!!  That is just cruel and unfair but thankfully you've turned a negative into a positive by being able to give her the tlc she deserves.  Best of luck and thank you for your kindness.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Yeah! Update I got a call From RDBR and they are going to sponsor her I am fixing to drive out to theresa's house (president of RDBR) and pick up anti-biotics and pain killers and she is going to the vet on Monday morning  :D  

and to respond about keeping her.....I wish I could but my dh wasnt so thrilled that I brought her home.  I will ask him if I can foster her.....Just waiting untill he cools down a lil. He isnt talking to me right now! :(   Oh well its all for the dogs

·
Registered
2,971 Posts

What an angel you are for taking her in.  The ppl that left are.....I can't even find the words!  She is a beautiful girl!  Just a question, you said the rescue wouldn't take her if she wasn't pure boxer why is that?

G

·
0 Posts

Rocky07\";p=\"101052 said:
What an angel you are for taking her in.  The ppl that left are.....I can't even find the words!  She is a beautiful girl!  Just a question, you said the rescue wouldn't take her if she wasn't pure boxer why is that?
probably because they are harder to adopt out and foster homes are limited.  not always - especially in oklahoma,  there are some poorly bred boxers that look like mixes, but they're not.

i think they have to draw the line sometimes and just can't save them all.  if it were a pit mix, i imagine there might be some liability issues too.

i volunteer for them and i have never seen them turn one away.  the last petsmart boxer adoption event they had a mix there that had no boxer in it, but they were  trying to help the dog out.  

red dirt is the best rescue i've seen and i've been involved with 3 in the past 2 yrs.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts

Thanks Grammie.  I don't know much about rescues and all that goes with it.  I'm learning though!   :wink:

G

·
0 Posts

cool another okie!!  we'll have to all meet up at woofstock in april :) :)

ashley how did you make out with meeting up with teresa?  what did she think of the cysts on her belly?

did teresa have her bluetooth phone glued to her ear?  LOL i know she did!

sorry i missed you guys, but i'll see you soon :)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts