Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) I swear in the last week I think I have been at the vet more than anyplace else..No, not for bad things, just everyone needed something it seems..

First off Flick, I already told you about his shot visit, well yesterday we went to Birmingham to have a consult with a vet regarding cropping...First some background, my vet had told me he would not crop his ears, said there was way too big of a chance of them not turning out right, so I'm freaking out, but I agreed to do this so I saw this "miracle worker" and let me tell ya, he is that...People apparently bring their dogs from as far away as NY if they need some cosmetic work done and has amazing results..I saw the pics...He says there is no reason that Flick's ears won't do fine and walked me thru everything, no Ace, etc...Anyways, we go in next Thurs for the surgery..As he does his surgeries in the afternoon, Flick will be staying over nite, vet suggested it actually....
Angel is great, her & Flick have become best buds, which was what I wanted, I couldn't be happier.. :)

Samson is not doing well...After doing the round of cortisone injections and the Nsaids, no change, if anything it's gotten worse. His leg is starting to atrophy, there appears to be nerve damage as well...There are some things that we could do, but too many risks, like mega steriods etc...He can't afford gaining any weight, too much stress on the back legs, so we are going with Flexagen, minimal side effects and going to let Samson make the decision when it's time..Thankfully he's in no pain, so as long as he is comfortable we go on like this..I'm stepping up his heat massages, he likes them soo much, what a lover he is and we shall take this day by day...Needless to say I cried all the way home from the vet and have been pretty worthless today, but I believe in my heart that this is best for him..

Pics to follow, I've been soo busy with the vet's appts, I just haven't had time and yes my little one is growing like a weed :)

·
Registered
421 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear about Samson. I get teary-eyed just thinking about the day I'll have to make that choice.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Oh no poor Samson! I hope he feels better! {{{{{{{{HUGZ}}}}}}}}} to you hun!

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Glad to hear everyone is settling in.  Give Samson an extra big snuggle from his fans at Nano's.  One day at a time............that's the way dogs always take it and we humans would do well to do it too but very hard for us.  We have too many emotions that cloud the way for us.  You can know that Samson is totally in tune with his life and is enjoying every minute of it.  

Nan

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Gentle hugs to Samson and you too Willow, my heart just aches for you both. Time seems to go faster both at the beginning and near the end of our pups lives and you have both ends of the spectrum right now. Wishing Samson pain free days in which to sit in the sun and peaceful nights. Hope everything goes well with Flicks crop, sounds like you've found the right man for the job, can't wait to see the finished ears! Keeping you all in my thoughts.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[quote="nano\";p=\"123880":3s8tpi2y].

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
So good to hear that Angel and Flick are doing so well together.  Can't wait to see Flick after his ears are done, he is going to be so handsome when he is all grown up.  So sorry to hear the meds are not working for Samson, sending hugs and kisses to the big guy.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Aw Willow, my heart goes out to you and Marq. I have become teary eyed just reading this, I can't imagine how it must be for you guys. Nano said it; he is enjoying every minute of his life...it's just way harder on us humans. Give him a hug from me okay?!

I'm glad to hear Angel is A OK and I'm glad you found a great vet to do Flick's crop. Good luck with his surgery. xoxo

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
So sorry to hear the other meds weren't working for Samson. Hopefully these ones work a little better for him. Sending hugs and positive thoughts your way.
Can't wait to see Flicks new ears!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Ummmm Flick Update???

Lol Heather you are relentless :) See my post with a complete update on everyone..pics will be up soon..I have just been too busy playing "chauffer" to the kiddos the last few days :)

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
So sorry to hear about Samson.  I hope this new stuff will help him.  On a happier note, glad to hear Flick and Angel are becoming best buds!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
willow im sorry that samson is not doing any better but he is a little tank and im sure he will let you know. he is such a sweet old guy i love him..dont wanna hurt anyone else's feelings with playing favorites but Travis only really cares about samson on the forum LMAO...he will only ask about samson regularly and still has a dream that youll let him have samson oneday. Told him its not happening but he can dream. We all love him so much! glad flick and angel are doing well. So hard for me to imagine flick with cropped ears but i cant wait to see it.

ps are you showing flick? just curious.

·
Registered
725 Posts
We are sending Samson our positive thoughts!! Poor guy, I do hope the Flexagen gives him some comfort... It's so awesome that Angel and Flick have become close friends...can't wait to see pics!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Aww Willow, I am so sorry to hear about Samson not getting better. My heart goes out to you and him. I'll keep you both in my prayers. My hubby is just like Travis ALWAYS asking about Samson when he's lucky to remember Brodi or Chloe's name. lol Can't wait to see pics of Flick!! woohoo!

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Oh, poor guy. It's so hard on us seeing them struggle with their aging bodies. Sending positive energy for Samson and hugs for you.

Now about the happy bonding of Angel and baby Flick, how wonderful!!! I bet they are a dynamic duo!!!!

Good luck on Flick's surgery. Hope all goes well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts