Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went to see him today and he as developed apnea, where is just forgets to breath sometimes -- so scary, happened when we were there with him today and I almost had a heart attack! They say he is just so tiny that he just can't remember to do everything at the same time; but as he matures it will improve. I so pray it will, it is just horrible to experience:(

They have put in his feeding tube and he is eating Mommy's breast milk...taking 8 cc's and digesting it (so he's making poopy) which is great!!  I know eveyone here can appreciate GOOD POOPY :)

He's had to get under the lights for jaundice but that is to be expected, aside from the apnea he's really doing great....all his levels are good and still breathing own his own, with a little reminder, sometimes. Big test coming up on Wednesday -- they are doing a CAT scan looking for bleeders, let's pray there are none.

We so appreciate your continued prayers and positive thoughts!

Here is Layton's new slide show :)

http://www.slide.com/r/JDJRbzFE7T9kbWYt ... w=original

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
C'mon Layton, we all are pulling for you....Good luck on the tests Wed...Sharon I bet that was real scary witnessing that, keeping him in my thoughts and prayers that he continues to improve.....

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Layton is a "Beautiful Boy"; he is so tiny, I would be so afraid to touch him.  He looks like a fighter and he will be in my prayers that he continues to improve and gets a good report on his test.

G

·
0 Posts
the apnea really isn't too big of a deal...if it gets bad enough all they will have to do is put him on a cpap machine...and that won't be a permanent thing...that's really good that he is already eating, pooping, and still breathing on his own...he really does sound like a fighter!

·
Registered
462 Posts
My son had apnea also. He was on that machine for a couple months at home. ALL babies have apnea just not as bad as premies.
He is such a a perfect baby boy. Keeping him in my thoughts...

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone....I called and checked on him tonight and he is doing well....we will just see what Wed holds....

G

·
0 Posts
if you guys are interested...and family member of mine had a little boy about 6 weeks ago born at 27 weeks as well...here is a blog of all of his progress and setbacks from day one...it kinda gives a good idea of what life is like in the NICU....http://hunterwilkes.blogspot.com/

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info I copied the address and sent it to my nephew, that way he can have an idea of possible things to come.  My nephew Matt has to go back to work this morning and he is all upset about having to leave the baby alone at the hospital and his wife alone also....It is a sad situation and he is all excited but frustrated too.  I told him last night to take it one day at a time because there are many more days to come so hopefully reading that blog will make him see that he is not the only one who is going through it or has gone through it.....thanks

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Little Layton is a beautiful boy, and he does look like a fighter! We will continue to keep the whole family in our thoughts.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
That  slideshow brought tears to my eyes. Layton is just precious and he sure looks like a fighter.  I will keep you all in my prayers and an extra special prayer for baby Layton.
((((((( gentle kisses to Layton ))))))))

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
prayers for them all...hes come this far :D hell be ok..jsut takes time..im sure the sametime it would take inside the womb..

hes so beautiful !!! keep fighting Layton..we are all praying for you !!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts