Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well..
Bo is a cuddle muffin....he will settle down in the bed to sleep no matter what time of day or how long he has already slept...his favorite position is on top of Jetta, lol!  Both of them are really close...they really are good friends...we haven't had a squabble since the first week...they even cuddle together when we have them on the bed or on the couch with us...

Bo is doing good with the housebreaking...we let him out whenever Jetta asks...and that seems to work for him...no accidents in about a week...

As for Nermal and Bo...Nermal still hates Bo...I suppose I would be afraid of him too...him being almost 6 times her size...Today he actually tried to play with her...butt in the air and hit her in the typical boxer fashion...she kinda went flying...needles to say she got very angry and was hissing and spitting and swiping, lol..kinda funny actually..he seemed a little scared of her even...

Haven't tried him with other dogs since the day we got him...kinda afraid to...but I'll update when that happens!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Congrats!! Glad he's doing so well!! Hopefully, Nermal will get use to him... might not ever like him... but tolerate him. That's how most cats are... well older ones. "Stay away from me and no one gets hurt."

Why are you afraid of him meeting other dogs? Just because? That's how I was with Odin though he did great in puppy education... then it was several months before being around other dogs and finally we did the dog beach... HE DID GREAT! Don't let him know your nervous or worried... it'll rub off on him!

Again, glad he's doing great! Good luck with socialization!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm worried cuz the day we got him we tried to introduce him to my dog at my mom's house Simba...and he tried to attack..they both snarled and lunged...we kept them separated though..so I don't know if it was because we was nervous and scared...or he doesn't like other dogs...

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Hmmm... was Simba smaller? Odin is a little more 'aggressive' towards smaller dogs... though I'm not sure aggressive is the word... maybe rough...

Maybe talking to a behaviorist or trainer can help with finding out whether he's aggressive towards other dogs... or just needs to be socialized more... lol something...

sorry I'm trying to be helpful... lol I think I just need to go to bed. :)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
What we did with Kiah and my nephews dogs was to take them for a walk together on leashes, neutral territory; kept them seperated and eventually let them walk together.  When we got back, they smelled each other and were just fine.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
It does take time and my thought is, introduce "new things" one at a time rather than trying to overload Bo...He may eventually get a long with your cat, mine did after awhile, just take it slow and then start trying to socialize with other dogs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts