Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to give everyone a update on how Chopper is doing. I met with the Cardiologist today, and he confirmed dialated cardiomyopathy. He said there is not much we can do except make him comfortable. He put him on 3 heart medications and Lasix. Hopefully we can give him a few more weeks. He was pretty honest with me and told me his prognosis was poor even with the meds. He expects his life to end within a month.They were surprised he survived the weekend. I guess the worst is over, now I know what it is and there is no more guessing or wondering. Its just very hard to look at him and know I cant help him anymore. He gets very upset when I cry, so I try not to but its really hard. Its so very hard saying good bye to your best friend.. Thanks for all your support, it helped out a lot..Chopper says thanks to...Michele

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I'm so sorry. I know what you are feeling right now. I know how difficult it is to be around Chopper right now and not cry every moment, but right now you need to keep him comfortable and spoil and cherish him. Give him whatever he wants. It is so very difficult to say goodbye, that is why you shouldn't say goodbye. Just tell him how much you love him and what a good boy he is.
My heart breaks for you, I'm in tears right now, I can barely see the keyboard. If you need a shoulder, we are all here for you. Hugs to you and Chopper.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
same here ..what a hard thing sweetheart..please dont think you have to leave the forum...we are all here for you..the only good thing is that you DO know..and you have the time with him to hug him and tell him how much yo love him..let him FEEL how loved he is..

my prayers are with you also...please know we are all here if you need to talk...

Chopper you are in so many hearts here in such a short time..we all have babies at the bridge waiting for you..god speed baby boy.. :cry:  :cry:

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Gosh, I am so sorry to hear that. We have all been through it  and it is never an easy thing. They bring so much joy to our lives and it is hard to let them go. Just think of what a wonderful life you gave him and the good memories.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
honey i am so sorry! i know where you are coming from, and it is very hard to keep a smile up for them. They feel our pain and do what they can even when they are suffering. as Ky said, please dont leave the forum...we are great even after your loss. I hope he has a good life and you cherish and spoil that boy every chance you get. I will keep you in my thoughts and in my prayers...my heart goes out to you and your baby boy at this moment in your life.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
So sorry to hear about Chopper, as everyone else has said cherish the time that you have left with him.  We are here for you whenever you need someone to listen.  You and Chopper are in our thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Michele, I am very sorry to hear about Chopper. YOU have been a very good mommy to Chopper, and think of how you have blessed each others life with love. There are so many animals that never get to experience being so loved. I'll keep you both in my prayers.....please let us know how you are doing......take care.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all of your kind words, prayers and support. I swore I would not cry today, but you all put me in tears again.. Chopper  is about the same, still having a lot of trouble breathing at night.  Of course he sleeps in bed next to me, so I am always at his side. I do my work out of my house, so I am lucky I can spend every minute with him. He wouldnt eat his food, so I stocked up on chicken and ground meat, and he gets a home cooked meal now, and he loves it.  My son brought home a tiny kitten about 6 months ago, and Chopper instantly became its mother. Now the kitten will not leave Choppers side when they are together, and licks him all the time. Its almost like the kitten knows something is wrong, and is trying to comfort him. I bought him a bunch of toys and treats for x-mas, but I let him open one a day know, just in case he doesnt make it until then. I can always but more.. I found great comfort in this forum, thank you all. Give all your babies a hug for us..Michele

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
My thoughts are with you and Chopper.  I know what you mean about losing your best friend.  I guess we all sign up for this and try not to think about the ending, although its always inevitable.  Doesn't make it any easier though.  I guess it is good to at least know what to expect now though.  What a tough situation for the entire family.  Think of all the good times you've had and can still have...spoil him to the very end!  God bless

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Please know that we all are here for you, this is so sad..My heart is breaking....Hugs to you & Chopper

1 - 11 of 11 Posts