Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the latest on Cooper.  Finally, he's no longer stinky!!!  He's lost quite a bit more hair, but his skin is nearly back to 100%.  Just a little bit of scabbing left on his back legs, but really not noticeable.  His back legs are completely bald in spots, but he still has peach fuzz over most of his body.  His muzzle is slowly turning black again.  Has some black fuzz on his nose and looks like his chin may actually have a little white patch.  He's probably put on about 10lbs since we got him a little over 3 weeks ago.  He had gained about 8 when I weighed him last week.  Still a little skinny, but not overly so.  He's really a sweet boy, but in serious need of training.  I'm going to continue training at home while he's bald, but plan on enrolling him (and me) in school when he doesn't look so rough.  He's been very good about watching over his new home and will check on our 2 year old son every night before we go to bed.  He's sleeping well at night and my wife broke her own "no dogs in the bed" rule on the 2nd night we had him, but we may have to rethink our sleeping arrangements.  He's totally a bed hog and snores like my wife when she was pregnant!  If we could get him to sleep at the foot of the bed we'd be fine, but he works his way up and ends up shoving his muzzle right in your ear and snores away.  Kinda tough to sleep that way. hehe.  Also, have to figure out a way of cutting his nails since he thinks the clipper I have is trying to bite him when I try to use it.  May have to whip out the dremel...

Anyway, here are the pics

sitting proudly in front of the hole he dug the other day

He claims he didn't do it.  Now I don't know who to believe.

The worst side of Cooper.  He really doesn't look quite so bald in person.  I think the lighting washed out the little bit of hair he does have.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I was just wondering today how Cooper was doing! Glad to hear he is doing so well. He looks soooo much better, and no,no,no he wasn't digging no holes!  :p

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Such great news, he does look better and I so glad to hear that he has put on weight.  I understand about the "no bed" rule but mine was not on the couch; think that lasted a week :lol:

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Had to go back and check the pics, what an amazing difference you've made in this pups life!!!! He really has improved dramatically. BTW, I don't think he dug that hole, look at that innocent little face.....probably was scaring off whoever did!!!! :rofl:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Cooper is looking much better! And obviously feeling better if he's digging holes...ooppps, I forgot, he didn't do that :lol: Glad he's doing better...

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
So glad that he is improving and feeling better.  The change in him is dramatic.  You're doing a super job of caring for him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts