Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kim is still a coma & doctors still believe she will not make it.

I just found out that Kim is personally fostering 20 pure bred boxers at her home.  They are desperately seeking adoptions, foster homes, transport.  They are looking into boarding some of the dogs b/c of the overwhelming amount.  Monetary donations are also requested.  They website www.louisianaboxerrescue.com has contact info as well as a PayPal system for accepting donations.  Any help would be appreciated.

I'm toying w/ the idea of fostering one dog but have a lot of reservations.  We currently have 3 house dogs, boxer(female), lab & toy poodle (males).  I don't know if the males will accept another dog, even a female.  I'm in my last semester of college ( yeah, 36 yrs old & finally finishing!) so I'm pretty busy also.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Re: Update on Kim @ Louisiana Boxer Rescue..critical conditi

WOW that is just aweful!
I will go on the site now and give a donation and speak with my fiance about adopting.
I know a few friends of mine who are actually looking to give a boxer a good home and I will also talk to them to see if they would be up to helping out.
Prayer changes things and I will have her in my prayers!

·
Registered
2,134 Posts

Thanks for the update.  That is just so sad and I'm sure there are lots of people out there looking for a new baby.  We're still keeping her and her babies in our prayers.

·
Registered
69 Posts

I will talk to the wife about donating  a decent portion moneys to help, But with not being at home dont think I could bring another buddy home at this time.

·
Registered
462 Posts

Anyway they can get one to Ohio?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts

Any way they can get work with me to get one through quarantine to Hawaii?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Hey guys
Thanks for all the offers & Prayers.
I just spoke w/ Connie who is the original founder, Kim passed away.
She was busy transfering dogs to her home & is still looking for other fosters.  
I'm sure it is possible to do transfers, I'll check w/her.
If anyone wants to contact her directly it is [email protected]  her number which is posted on the website is 504-738-5820.
Being as Kims death was today, it may take a little while to respond.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts

Thank you for keeping us updated on this, I had looked earlier today and there wasn't any other information...Oh my heart goes out to her family right now, how tragic...I understand there has been a ton of support, which is awesome, she did soo much for the breed and it's nice to see how everyone is pulling together.....Kim, you will be missed by many, both 2 legged and 4 legged.....

·
Registered
462 Posts

How awful!

Her family is in my thoughts and prayers...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

leanne & lillyzmomma
I contact connie to find out if out-of-state adoption is possible.  I'm willing to do whatever is necessary to help out.  The website is not up to date on all the dogs. I know Diamond & Brandi are placed!!
Sonni, the one w/ the acid burn is healing nicely & there are some dogs that aren't on the site yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts