Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
18,320 Posts
Hi Pamela, well I guess since we hadn't heard from you in a abit, I was hoping that things had gotten better, doesn't sound like it. I am very sorry to hear that. The fact that everybody is on board about wanting Bailey to stay is a great positive which is half the battle sometimes.

I know some people don't like the Halti for walking, but I have had tremendous success with it. My Tia was a terrible "puller" and would have choked herself if I hadn't started using it. Nothing else worked for her. Every dog is different tho & it does take some getting used to when first wearing it, but I found that mine adapted very quickly..Then we all were able to enjoy our walks!! A lot of that I know your trainer will address also.

I wish I could give you some thoughts on the "peeing" issue, but that one stumps me and I'm not sure what else to recomend. It could be a behavior thing..Maybe not..

Keep us posted..

· Registered
18,320 Posts
Something else you can do is when you come to an intersection, have Bailey assume the sit position & wait for like 30 seconds before crossing the street. I did that with all of my dogs and it's just another way to teach them plus the added benefit it could save your life too. One time when I was walking Tia, we came to a corner did our sit, wait & was just about to start off again when a car came around the corner too fast & failed to stop at the stop sign. Had we not stopped, it's very possible we might have been hit..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.