Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we are going on our fourth day with Trogdor.  He is a wonderful puppy, but he is starting to pick up some bad habits that I'd like some advice about.  

Firstly, he is biting at our heals whenever we walk, lol.  I figure this is a puppy thing and if we keep telling him 'no' he will eventually get it.

Secondly, he has this really bad habit of overturning the water bowl.  This water bowl is almost bigger than him, but he always turns it over.  It is funny, but I know if it isn't corrected it will be a problem in the future.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Last of all, I am a little worried about Trogdor and Berger (my miniature-schnauzer).  In the beginning I was worried that Berger would beat up Trogdor, but I have realized that it is the total opposite.  I am honestly worried about Berger because Trogdor can already beat him up and he is only 8 weeks old.  ((Dang it, I just heard the water bowl get tipped over)) They play a lot, but sometimes it is obvious that Trogdor is just picking on Berger.  ANd, I guess, establishing dominance.  Should I step in when they are play fighting like this?  It just seems to me that Trogdor doesn't know when to stop.  I don't want this behavior to continue and then Trogdor hurt Berger when he is even bigger.  Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Thanks again!  I am about ot take Trogdor to the beach before Hurricane Dean gets any closer, lol.  Have a great day!

·
Registered
627 Posts
I have no advice for the first and last things (sorry), but I can give a little advice about the water bowl situation.  I don't know what kinda of water bowl you have, but it would be best to either get a ceramic one or a no-tip one.  The ceramic ones are heavy so it is harder for them to tip it over, and the no-tip ones look like this:

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Henry nips at heels too.  He doesn't do it to me, only to my husband and son, and that's only because they let him do it.  If you tell him no enough, he will stop.

That's all I know.

So what part of Texas are you in?  You goin' to Galveston?  My husband works in Galveston.

:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts