Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so Chance now weighs in at 22.5 pounds at 13 weeks old and Layla weighs in at 13.6 pounds at 9 weeks. Seems pretty good what do ya'all think?

·
Registered
278 Posts
wow 22.5 at 13 weeks?!  Jaxon weighs *roughly* 14 pounds at 12 weeks.  I say roughly because the only way I'm weighing him in between vet visits is weigh myself then hold him on the scale with me, subtract the difference.  It's not completely accurate I know, but an estimate.

Big guy Chance!!!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Please allow me to add an apology to that Tami! I wasn't meaning to hyjack your thread...I just now realised that it was NOT an "everybody give an update on their puppies weight" thing(like the "everybody post a pic" thing)...I'm sorry...your babies are so sweet...they both sound like they are doing awesome!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol Jeanene...didnt even notice you posted that and it wouldnt bother me in the least if others posted weight of their babies...gives me some comparison...no need to apologize!!! Dont be silly girl!!!  lol

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hoosier is 7 months and about 40 pounds. The vet constantly says he's underweight, but he doesn't look ribby at all. What do the Boxer pros think?

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
well my Reese is 7 almost 8 months and she is at about 38 lbs, so if hoosier is underweight then so is reese, but she looks good. I wouldnt worry unless you could see his spine or more than the last two ribs.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
So I guess my worries about Ringer being underweight are out the window.  He's 8 months and about 75lbs.  I still think he is a little ribby, though.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
75 lbs? Wow, he's a big boy....You do want to see some ribs, that's part of the boxer look, but if the spine is showing at all, that is not a good sign...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Tango is just at 30lbs at 14 weeks old.  I can still see ribs but nothing major.  Does this mean he should be pretty big or just had a growth spurt already.  He just looks like big puppy right now.

·
Registered
207 Posts
southerngirls\";p=\"27585 said:
well my Reese is 7 almost 8 months and she is at about 38 lbs, so if hoosier is underweight then so is reese, but she looks good. I wouldnt worry unless you could see his spine or more than the last two ribs.
No spine..and I only really see ribs if he is panting hard or sniffing. Thanks for the comparison. I got the impression that he's lean but not sickly. He seems to be eating more nowadays too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts