Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just given an update on my boxer journey, which he has been going on 4-5 month of diarrhea, some vomiting, and loss of weight. He saw the Internal Doctor and had as colonoscopy procedure and off the back the vet saw umbilicated lymphoid follicles, purple nodules arranged in a linear fashion with one larger purple mass like lesion. Got most of the test results back, and it is not cancer, he has severe form of inflammation and all the other test pointed out that he has boxer colitis, but were still waiting one more test results. He will be put on antibiotics and a different food that is not grain free.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Oh thank goodness it’s not cancer! I would suggest to your vet using baytril it has helped many dogs with colitis it is an anti biotic. Maybe a dog food with more fiber like royal canin fiber response it helped my dog.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh thank goodness it’s not cancer! I would suggest to your vet using baytril it has helped many dogs with colitis it is an anti biotic. Maybe a dog food with more fiber like royal canin fiber response it helped my dog.

Thats exactly what the dr recommend for 8 weeks. I looked at the food, along with Acana or ordering farmers dog food.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hopefully it works that’s the food that worked for my girl
Did your boxer have any side effect from the baytril. I gave the first 2 to him yesterday after he ate and he throw up at around 2am this morning, so im not sure if its the medication.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I remember her getting sick but wasn’t sure it was the baytril try to stick it out though it does work most of the time and that fiber response by royal canin helped too as it had more fiber in it. I hope he doesn’t throw up anymore but maybe look into some probiotics for him as well I think it was called fortiflora you can get it on chewy. When my poor Jodie was going thru this the diahrea was terrible and she even was passing blood and whining so I knew it hurt and the vet had tried everything till I found that paper on this site and took it to my vet and she showed pretty quick improvement with the baytril within like 3 days we did have to do about 6 weeks of it though do you give two pills once a day? i gave mine with food as well, just hope your dog will tolerate it maybe split up the doses if it happens again if the vet says ok good luck! My dog has been fine ever since

1 - 6 of 6 Posts