Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people-i havent updated lately on how the girls are doing so i figured i could do so now.

Savannah is doing so much better than when we first got her. As some know we rescued her from a "breeder" who was upset over the fact that she couldnt be bred again after her first litter due to a small heart murmur. I must say i am glad the "breeder" at least recognized this was an issue and didnt continue to breed her. Well my girl had never been socialized in her life, hadnt even been allowed inside so becoming an indoor dog was new to her. Well, after 7 months of hard work and showing lots of love to her she is slowly starting to come out of her scardey shell. We went to the feed store this weekend to pick up some food and brought her along. For the first time in 7 months she walked straight up to a lady at the store and just stood there sniffing. Now this may not seem like a big deal to most, but this was a HUGE step for her. We talked to the lady for a few minutes and when we were walking out she stopped us and gave Savannah one of those SlimJim looking chews that they sell at the feed stores. I was so impressed that she got to sit upfront on the way home and bf got regulated to the back :D she is slowly coming around and we are continuing to work with her so she doesnt jump at the smallest things.

Reese....well what can i say? She is a firecracker that fizzles really quickly :) Whenever we are home she is such a joy. She terrorizes Bagheera (our black kitten) to no end, and when we leave the back door open Bagheera will run as quick as possible jump on Reese's back, bounce off and shoot up the stairs. This is the way they always start playing chase/hide n seek. Other than that there hasnt been any change in how she is reacting to people. she still flips out, and we cant go near another person without struggeling and fighting to get Reese past. Even if the stranger pays no attention to her she flips. We are continuing to work hard to get her less scared. She is finally going through her chewing stage....i thought at 9 months she would be over that but maybe she is a late bloomer. she shreds everything possible!

That is really all-i have new pics i need to post if i can find the time to upload them.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Andrea, that is wonderful news about Savannah; give her a hug and tell her "Auntie Barb" is so proud of her.  Hopefully Reese will come around and learn from Savannah's confidence.  

Kiah is still chewing at 14 months but not as bad as she had at 8.5 months  :lol:

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Savannah has made wonderful progress in just 7 months.  I'm sure all the love and attention you give them is the key to success.  WTG  Savannah!!!  Hope Reece follows in her big sister's paw prints - they are both such beautiful dogs!!!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
You have done well with both of them Andrea...I remember when you first brought them home and the things you would tell us happened, wondering if they would ever be good around people etc....Savannah, you've come a long way baby... :) Reese, you keep working at it, we all are pulling for you.....I love hearing happy endings

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I'm so glad Savannah is doing much better, and Reese will come around. Sounds like it's just going to be in her own time. Looking forward to some pics of the girls!  :)

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Good girl Savannah! You have done an excellent job with her and it sounds like she wasn't treated well at all from the "breeder" and that she had a long way to go. Great job! And I'm sure Reese will get there too, she has a good role model in Savannah! Can't wait to see updated pics of them.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Congratulations.  Sounds like she is doing much better.  I am sure Reese will do better as time goes on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts