Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys/gals- i had a bad morning this morning. I had taken the girls out to do their morning duty and let them run around inside while i was getting ready. Well even though Reese poo'd outside she came upstairs about 20 minute later with poo smeared all over her mouth, she poo'd again on the stairs and ate some of it.  :sick: ok so i wasnt happy, but i cleaned it up and went ahead and put her in the kennel. I went back upstairs to get savannah to put her in the kennel since i was about to head out and she wasnt happy about going. So i got her to the stairs by calling her name in a sing-song baby voice and when she got to the top stair to head down she growled at me and turned quickly and tried to bite me!!! i was like WHAT THE....... she tried to run back in my room but i had shut the door so she couldnt get back in. the only place she could go was down. so she ran downstairs ran around the living room a few times and finally went in her kennel. I had to stand in the hall way "door" so she couldnt run back upstairs-which is why she was running in circles in the living room. Once i locked her kennel do i grabbed my daughter and we headed out-i paid her no mind as we walked by even though she was now giving me that innocent look like "mom what did i do?" . I didnt yell at savannah, i didnt lay a hand on her but i was very upset with her reaction. She has never once growled at a person and NEVER tried to bite.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Sounds like they both got worked up over something this morning and just tried to push their limits with you.  Sorry your morning didn't go well, but I think you did a good job handling the situation.  They didn't get away with their shananigans and you are still the leader.  Sounds like the kids are just trying to push their limits.  Hope the rest of your day is better.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Andrea i am so sorry you had such a rough morning. Mybe she isnt feeling well??? My Lab growls at us sometimes when she isnt feeling well. I dont know what to tell you. Sorry i cant give any advice. We had some serious issues with Layla but she finally came around and is doing AWESOME in her puppy classes. She has done a complete turnaround. So all i can think, if she has never done it before is, maybe she isnt feeling well or maybe she is sore somewhere. Hope you figure it out and sorry i am not any help

·
Registered
100 Posts
it sounds like kate is on the right track with it to me just pushing her limits and you got her in the kennel and took control of the situation thats why she gave you the sad look because she knew she was in the wrong with the pack leader  just my opinion :)

·
Registered
352 Posts
so sorry to hear about the jekyll/hyde doggies this morning.  i agree with everyone else though, it sounds like something happened and they reacted by trying to push limits on you.  like you, i'd love to know what would have done it--i would think such a dramatic shift like that must have been in response to something...

good luck and keep us updated.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Aahh, Andrea, I'm sorry the kiddos were giving you such a rough time this morning..I have to agree with Kate, I think that Savannah was definitely pushing buttons this morning and you did good by reacting the way you did...Keeo an eye on her, I'm sure you won't see any repeats, but still, not a fun way to start the day and Reese, what are we going to do with that girl?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts