Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the last two nights i've taken Madeline to the park a lady has been there with 2 dogs that look like mini boxers.  they are adorable but obviously NOT boxers.  so i asked her what breed they were and she said "i call them my mini boxers" and so I responded by saying 'ok, but what are they??' and she would only state that they were like little boxers.  so i kinda stayed away after that but last night i overheard her tell a couple of people that they are puggle / pitbull mixes, one's a year and the other is 4 months.  apparently they have the same pitbull dad but different puggle mothers and she mentioned "the breeder".  so i assume this means someone is profiting on this but perhaps not yet calling them mini boxers.  egads, it makes me uncomfortable...i hate the new trend of designer breeds and the thought of them messing with the boxer really get's me.  :(  

has anyone encountered this yet?  I tried to do a search and see pictures but all i came across were sites for puggles OR pitbull stuff.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Yeah... due to all these "designer" breeds coming out, ppl keep on messing w/these breeds! It's so irritating!! I know of a site that claims to breed "Mini Boxers." They basically look like Boston Terriers but w/Boxer colors (ie: fawn). *grrr*

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
[quote="hgar78\";p=\"92922":3vfdresi]...i hate the new trend of designer breeds and the thought of them messing with the boxer really get's me.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
[quote="kiahsmom\";p=\"92931":1mabjtw1][quote="hgar78\";p=\"92922":1mabjtw1]...i hate the new trend of designer breeds and the thought of them messing with the boxer really get's me.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Yea -- that's the site I was talking about too, Ginger! :x

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
****Please do not post links to commercial breeder websites. You are free to post pics, but please keep the links out of the posts.

Thanks!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Boxer_Love\";p=\"92954 said:
I think I have seen that they are mixed with Bostons.
yeah i came across those trying to find the pitbull mix.  urgh, those breeders shouldn't be allowed.  are there no limits or restrictions on breeders for this type of thing?  b/c they're basically profitting from a mutt.

·
Registered
880 Posts
It's ridiculous that people think a mini boxer is a type of breed.  Jetta is a very small boxer and people always ask me where I found a "mini-boxer".  I just smile and say, "As far as I know there is no recognized breed called Mini-Boxer and she's just petite."

·
Registered
696 Posts
southerngirls\";p=\"93004 said:
mini boxers are IMO ugly. i am sorry, but i have seen pics and they look deformed or something....nothing like a boxer.
Agreed!

·
Registered
942 Posts
caillou\";p=\"93017 said:
Not to be confused with little Kaci who is all boxer and all beautiful :D
Awww thank you. :D Yes, we get asked allll the time about our puppy or our mini-boxer. I do the same thing as J&O, just say that I don't believe there is such a breed and tell them that she is full boxer, just in a small package.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
There have become so many designer breeds out there I cant keep them striaght.  I see some new variation of something about once a month...You name it...they mix it and call it something! I did see a peka-chi today that was cute though...Peka-Chi hahaha  the woman said she paid $500 for it and my eyes probably went like this  8O

·
Registered
942 Posts
"What do you think if my new 'peka-chi'"
"your what?"
"My peka-chi...Pekingese and Chihuahua"
"ohhhh...your mutt, she cute"

That's what I want to say to people...heck, my boss rescued a dog that ended up being a 'schnoodle', she tries to just say it's 1/2 poodle 1/2 schnauzer and she said everyone tries to correct her by saying, "oh, a schnoodle...how cute".

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I was recently drinking at a local watering hole of mine and talking to this regular there about stuff (sports, whatever) and I guess I mentioned I had a boxer or whatever.  He straight-up tells me how he has a "cockapoo" and how it's greatest dog ever.  I swear to god I choked on my drink and almost had it coming through my nose....it was all I could do from completely busting out laughing.  

Ok I realize I'm feeding stereotypes here but this guy lives alone and works at a hardware store, and he tells the most misogynistic jokes you've ever heard  (clearly is bitter about women).  I honestly don't think I could ever admit to owning one of those, whatever the hell it is.  Those are just two words that should not be said together by any man ever again.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts