Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rocky is going to be 12 months (1 yr) old next week on 7/15/07. We've had him since he was 8 weeks old. He has been trained pretty good in going outside. Does not always alert us that he has to go out, so time-to-time he has an accident...but always by the door to outside...nowhere else. The other day I came home and heard from my mom that while she was sitting he urinated on her leg! I couldn't believe it...funny but not funny. So it was laughed about thinking it was just a fluke. So after such laughing, about 5 minutes passed and I went to the refrigerator...I saw Rocky following me like he always does...so did not think much of it when he brushed up between my legs.... no sooner I feel that warm-wet feeling on my leg...He urinated on me!!!

Has anybody else had this problem before???           I don't know what would cause this behavior!!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Wow..never heard of that problem.  8O  It sounds like a dominance issue, or maybe he's looking at you or any person in the house as territory. I don't know what I would do in that situation. Maybe if he starts to do it again, a firm "NO" and pick him up and then take him outside to finish his business. Hopefully someone else will have some advice for you. Good Luck.  :wink:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
This is way out of my limited expertise, but yes it definitely sounds like a "dominance" issue..He's marking his territory, Is he neutered? That a lot of times will correct that issue also. I've never had that happen with my males, but I would think, like Tootsie said you need to reprimand him and take him immeadiately outside...Odd also that he is still having potty issues in the house at that age...Maybe you might want to have the vet check him out also...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hes neutered and the problem was addressed immediately. Very rarely does he go inside. Its usually when nobody is around for an extended period of time so issues happen. But I just couldnt beleive it...well hopefully nobody else has to have it done to them!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Hmmm...does he have seperation anxiety? Maybe this is like a nervous thing that he does. He might think if he marks his territory, it won't leave again? Just a thought.  :roll:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts