Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am leaving tomorrow for 10 days! I am so excited but will miss my babies...my son is staying home for 3 days then meeting us and then my niece and her boyfriend are doggy sitting, I completely trust them, they work so between my neighbors and my sons best friend we have the day time covered with lots of doggy visits.... My niece and her boyfriend love my dogs and they love them.. But I hate leaving them.... I love to vacation but always miss my babies so much..

·
Registered
771 Posts
Yes!!! Enjoy your vacation!!! I would love to have a couple days of "me" time but I think I'd be a neurotic momma. We take the dogs everywhere, which is nice but I would like a couple days every now and then : ) so enjoy!!

·
Registered
806 Posts
I got the motorhome, so I can take the Knuckleheads with me. I don't have access to sitters I trust and boarding them for a week is over $600.00.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I am leaving tomorrow for 10 days! I am so excited but will miss my babies...my son is staying home for 3 days then meeting us and then my niece and her boyfriend are doggy sitting, I completely trust them, they work so between my neighbors and my sons best friend we have the day time covered with lots of doggy visits.... My niece and her boyfriend love my dogs and they love them.. But I hate leaving them.... I love to vacation but always miss my babies so much..

Boy do I ever feel you there! We are leaving for 10 days again in November on another cruise and leaving the boys behind is always hard😞 It sure is a nice reunion though!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I miss the boys terribly and it's only been 4 days! They are happy! But Mack ate the sitters expensive pillow..... I am having fun and it's my bday! But miss my babies! Yesterday at magic kingdom we ordered Mack's etched glass knickknack made me tear up looking for the perfect pic

·
Registered
793 Posts
What is this "Vacation" thing you speak of? I'm unfamiliar with the concept.

Reactions: chip18

·
Registered
621 Posts
I haven't been on vacation in over 20 years now! I can't leave my dogs! I know no one else would care for them like I do and I would be miserable because I know they would be wondering where I was so I just can't do it!

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Glad it all went well, the vacation and the doggy sitters. And yeah that's not unusual. Only the wedding of my best friend's son could pry me away from my dog's!

I found a "local as it happened," Kennel that also did rescue work?? And they stayed there for two day's. And I told them kennel them to together Struddell (White Boxer) and (Rocky my (WL GSD) and I told them separate outing's ... no other dog's!

And as soon as the wedding reception was over ... we were outta there! I gotta go back to NV and get my dog's, the wedding was in Ca!

My dog's were fine ... they seemed to think it was a vacation for them also. :)

Cat's (multiple at least) or a lot simpler. Lot's of food and water and multiple Litter Boxes. And cat's won't even know your gone?? :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts