Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 3 puppies, all of them 13 weeks on Wednesday, just received their 3rd set of vaccinations on Friday. One of them, Malibu, also had Heartgaurd on Sunday Morning, then Sunday night she started throwing up yellow foam, looked like egg yols beaten. She had a very bad left eye, rolling back, her white bottom part was rolling up and you almost coul not see her eye. Her face seemed quite swollen. She was acting sick as though she did not feel good at all.

I called our vet and she instructed me of course to bring her in. We have been there so much lately, and all they ever want to do is blood work, x-ray, i.v., stool, always spending $300-500 every time. So I asked what are the symptoms of toxins, and she said they coudnt really tell, not even in blood test. Than I asked about allergic reaction, and she said doctor just looks at them and makes the determination, and then maybe gives benedryl. They are supposed to be the top Vet Clinic in my city.

So I gave her a very small amount of Benedryl, and within 30 minutes her eye got better, and her swelling went down.

Today she has a very large lump, almost like golf ball size in the same place they gave her her shot on Friday. Anyone else ever experience this probloem...

·
Registered
214 Posts
OH NO!!! Poor baby. I really dont have any advise to give you, but I will express my sympathy. Im so sorry and I hope all gets better soon!! *wishes and prayers from our family to yours*

·
Registered
7 Posts
When I was just in for Lou's last vaccination shots they said that the lumps are normal and it just takes a little while for the shot to work it's way in.

I would just keep an eye on it and see if it starts decreasing in size in the next 24 hours or so and if it hasn't by then, take her back in.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
It sure sounds like Malibu had an allergic reaction. I wouldn't be too concerned with little bumps at the vaccination site, but a lump the size of a golf ball is not a little lump.
I would continue the benadryl (not more than 100mg a day) and see how that helps. If she's not better by tomorrow, I would bring her back to the vet. Keep us posted on how she is doing.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Wow, now that is a bad reaction! Sure glad that Malibu is feeling better tho...I've never had that happen with any of mine, but obviously it can happen...I'm with Tootsie about that lump tho, if it's still that big tmw, I'd go back to the vet...Let us know what happens

1 - 5 of 5 Posts