Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are off to the vet tonight to get Sadies second set of vaccinations. She got her first set when she was still with the breeder, so what should I expect...

Im a bit nervous, should I be... :?

At least its not an emergency vet appointment like the other two! She likes it there because they give her tons of treats  :lol:

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
getting vaccines doesnt affect the animal too much. She may be a little sleepy aftewards, and she could potentially run a slight fever. Also she may be a little sore at the injection site-just like us when we got shots.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Good luck tonight Sadie.  We'll be waiting to hear how you did at the vets!!!  Sophie didn't show any discomfort or slow down one bit, and I hope it goes well for you tonight.

·
Registered
78 Posts
My gang has also had a soft BM after they've received shots. Give the little sweety a hug, she'll be fine....you on the other hand, maybe a wee glass of wine to settle your nerves. :wink:  :D

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I love your wine advice, Vivianne!!!!  That's great!!! :D

I agree...your pup will be fine...Definetely have a glass of wine to settle your nerves!!!  Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the reassurance guys! You are right she will most likely be fine, but I think I will take that advice and have me some wine before I go! lol

We are also bringing in another urine sample to make sure her UTI is all gone so fingers crossed that turns out okay! She seems a LOT better so that should be okay, but better be safe than sorry.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hoos is usually fine at the vet. He doesn't flinch at the shot or the dreaded temp check. He is very comfortable being handled. I, only the other hand, can't stand the place! Every time we go, there is always something...that's the cost of a healthy dog I suppose

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Awww poor Sadie girl..I make sure to bring hubby or my mom with me when Chloe has to get her shots so I can leave the room while they do it. lol  Fingers and paws crossed here that her UTI is all gone  :)

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
i think we suffer more than our babies do actually..I like Vivianne's advice, get yourself a glass of wine and relax..Hugs to Sadie, I know she will be fine at the vets.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bellasmomma\";p=\"30823 said:
Mom, not too much wine before driving!!!

All this wine talk and I didn't even end up having any! lol I was in a rush preparing dinner when hubby got home and before I knew it, we had to leave! (not enough time for wine!) I did get him to come with me though and that helped a lot.  She was so hyper at the vets! She loves it there which I am thankful for. I had to leave the room when the vet gave her the shot and I could hear her cries outside  :(  that was a bit hard. But she was fine afterward, she is just snoozin now which is normal for her. lol

AND no more UTI or coccidia!! YAYAYYAYYA. healthy girl and she gained a kilo in a week! Thanks for all the support everyone.  :)

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Woo hoo! Glad the vet visit went well and Sadie is doing well and free of those pesky infections...Lol, no wine before? Ok, now that you are home, sit back and have a glass now!!

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Kate\";p=\"30845 said:
Oh that's wonderful!!!WTG Sadie!!!  So glad she got those infections behind her now.  You have done a wonderful job.
Thanks Kate! I love your new signature, Sophie looks so big! More pics of her please!!  :)

samsonsmom\";p=\"30847 said:
sit back and have a glass now!!
Thanks Willow and yes now its wine time! lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts