Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone had any experiences with a value crate? I hear it is the same as any other crate just not name brand such as midwest. I was think of getting the 42" with two doors and a divider. The price is right I just wanting someone's personal experience. The crates today don't seem to have the quality as they once did and a lot of dogs seems to be able to escape with little effort. Any suggestions would be welcomed.
http://www.valuecrate.com/index_spec.html

·
Registered
152 Posts
Have no experience with this crate. But I am also looking for a crate and read a lot of reviews and decided against it.. Didn't want to purchase another crate if this one failed.. Our first crate is the 42 Midwest and haven't had any issue with it.. Will end up with another one of those once the puppy grows out of the little one a friend let us borrow..

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yes we have this crate, we liked it so much we have two one kept in our motorhome for camping, one in our home, we use both all the time. I like the extra divide for puppys and potty training, which callie was very successful at. Shes now 21 mos. The one in the house I leave the larger side door open and tied back so any off our dog can go in to curl up and sleep freely, and they do, sometimes I find two curled up together, its a safe place and that's what you want them to feel about the crate.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there really a need for two doors? Do you find your dog prefers to enter the crate through the side door or through the front?

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Is there really a need for two doors? Do you find your dog prefers to enter the crate through the side door or through the front?

The 2 doors are standard. Not everyone will have the exact same place to put a crate. When I lived with my ex the front door was the one we used bc of where he had to put the crate (small townhouse), at my house now I use the side door bc of where I had to place the crate. And mainly if you use a divider when they are puppies you will be using the front door not the side door for quite some time bc of where you will place the divider in the crate. ImageUploadedByPetGuide1412008599.248218.jpg this is how the crate is now. I use the side door, was hoping to find a pic of how it was the other way but couldn't.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts