·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi and hello all :D

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Awww...she looks like a wiggly, healthy, bouncing boxer baby!
Sounds like you are doing fine with the crate, and as you said all pups are different. The first few days they will whine and howl because they miss mom and their littermates. 40 minutes is fine. I wouldn't go any longer than 3-4 hours at a time, so 40 minutes is great. Everyday should be a little easier, soon she will learn to love her crate. It will become her "den" or safe place.
I just looked at the pics again...Geez she's cute!!   :yes:

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
She is soo cute! Kiah was crate trained when I got her so I can't help but 40 minutes doesn't sound too long.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Oh, forgot to add. Whatever you do with the crate training, Do NOT give into the whining. If she is whining when it is time to take her out, leave her in there until she settles herself. Don't make a big deal about taking her out or putting her into the crate. When you leave after you put her in the crate, just leave, don't make a fuss about leaving. When you come home, don't go to her or let her out right away. Ignore her, go to the bathroom first, whatever just don't let her out first thing. When you let her out, don't make it a big deal, take her out and go outside to potty right away. She will get the hang of it. I know it is very hard to ignore that wiggly, kidney beaning, bouncy butt, but that is crucial to crate training. Good Luck with it, and of course keep on posting the pics!    :winkle:

·
Registered
627 Posts
Aww!!!  She is so adorable!!!  Congrats on bringing her home!!!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Ahh look at how wrinkley (sp??) she is!! how absolutely adorable!! congrats! my girls we kennel trained when i got them so i am not sure how long it would take-good luck and keep the pics comming!! :D

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Congrats on your new baby!!!  She is FINALLY here!!!  She's beautiful and it sound like you are on the right track...

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Awww shes sooooooooo cute :D  I just love her. And look guys she even has a BoBo :lol:  Roxy had one at that age and he went byebye in about a week!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
A bobo is the horrendous little blue toy in the pix of Vega!!  Our dogs destroy the almost instantly and the mess the bobo's become is horrendous (which is why I referred to the mas the horrendous little blue toy).  Our babies love them, gut them and then leave them strewn about in a haphazard fashion giving us the opportunity to find bits and pieces of bobo months later.  You should get one for your pup.  They'd love it!!!

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Aaahhh, there's that little sweetheart...I thought it was about time to bring her home...She is just adorable and love that little wrinkled head....Lol about the Bobo, yup we all have had them and watched them get detroyed..Oh but what they are! Sounds like you are doing great with the crate training and give it some time, she needs to get herself settled in her new home.  :)

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Vega says thanks for alll the compliments. Yeah I am not to worried about me giving into the whining my GF on the other hand is a different matter. I feel like I am training Vega and her and it is just a lot. But I am in hanging in there  :D
She can hear me typing so I might step out for a bit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts