Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this afternoon about my trip to the vet and subsequent poverty buying Frontline, just to add to the fun both dogs have TERRIBLE diarrhea tonight  8O The only different thing for them is the Frontline, anybody else have this wonderful side effect???Cats don't seem affected by it (whew!) but Blitzen is going everywhere and Donner is ringing the bell to go out like a madman! Send me a good thought please, it's gonna be an interesting night :wink:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Cato had frontline put on him yesterday and he had diarrhea. It only lasted a day, and he is fine today. I"m not sure if it's the frontline or something else.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
i hope that donner and blitzen start to feel better. Ive never tried frontline. Thinking of you guys and hoping you have as easy a night as possible.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have always used frontline with my other dogs, and Frontline plus is what the vet prescribed for Cato. I do use it all year round because there are alot of animals in my neighborhood, and I walk him alot so I don't want him to bring home something since I have a indoor cat also. It kills fleas, flea eggs, ticks and chewing lice.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
oooo jeez sweetie im so sorry..we use it year round obviously here but never had tht side effect...wow...i know thats hard..boy oh boy..

sending tons of healing vibes your way

·
Registered
780 Posts
Hope they are feeling better today!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the thoughts everyone, as of about 12:30 this morning the poops started to firm back up :lol: Donner used frontline last summer, but wasn't big enough then for the large dose he had yesterday (45-80 lb dose) He goes for his yearly boosters in the next couple weeks and I'm going to ask Dr Jennifer if there's a more reasonable alternative.  She's a wonderful vet and  loves our dogs. I'm not crazy about the chemical effects of this stuff either, JayJay and I'll check on any alternatives????? We have Advantix and Bio spot but I THINK the basic components are all the same?????

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
I'm glad they are feeling better! Diahrrea is no fun at all! I know some people use garlic for fleas and ticks...a little in their food.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
I use garlic - works for me great.  I am not big on topical chemicals for my dogs.  I think I posted some links with reference to the holistic approach to fleas and ticks. Also Lisa (Tootsie) had a holistic product she uses for Maddie as well.  Maybe something worth checking out - hate runny poos!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Boy I really AM having some DUH moments this weekend, just went back to the health sticky on natural alternatives, I'm leaning toward trying the lemon/water treatments. Thanks Willow for the link......it was right in front of me, just had to use my head and look it up :oops:

·
Registered
243 Posts
I use garlic - works for me great.  I am not big on topical chemicals for my dogs.
Me too!

I use garlic-powder (yoy can buy it) or bear

1 - 15 of 15 Posts