Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
18,320 Posts
I would definitely try if it's at all possible moving the crate where he can see you...I would not use Benedryl to calm him, that's a cop out, I hate to say...It sounds like it's a behavior issue and if you play into it, Tonka will know that he can get his way with anything..He is testing you, puppies do that, so it's important that you show Tonka what you expect and that you are the leader and boss....I also would not use a bark collar on him, that also I think is a cop-out. Teach him that you won't tolerate the barking and the best way to do that is to ignore it, hard as it sounds.....

Outside the crate, keep him attached to you with his leash, that way he cannot roam and you are right there to correct him or simply grab him if he's getting ready to have an accident...

As frustrating as it gets at times, keep this in mind, Boxers are very intelligent and also very intuitive, your frustrations can be felt by Tonka and he can feed off of that as well.....

· Registered
18,320 Posts
Angel wasn't real thrilled with me using the "umbilical leash" thing, but it worked well and she got usued to it..I actually only used it for a short time, then just let her drag it around the house, keep in mind tho this was an 18 mo old that had NEVER been potty trained.....

Definitely, if you can get the divider up in the crate, that could help as well...You want the crate big enuf for them, but not so big that they have tons of room to use one end as their toilet....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.