Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( My little sister an I are both Boxer owners, our boxers are our kids like many of you i am sure. but we lost Charlie my sisters boxer yester day to a very cruel people. Charlie got out of the yard yesterday morning and some people down the road shot him in the chest with a 22 rifel.  Please keep my sister in your harts.  

I also have a question for all of you,  I am wondering if I should get her a 2nd boxer son soon or should I wait a while for her to morn?  I am really at a loss on what to do.  I just want my sister to be happy and not as bad.

thank you for reading my story.

Stacey :(

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
They shot him!?!?  For what reason?  Jesus christ that's sick.  I don't even know what to say.  I am so sorry to hear that.  What a nightmare.

·
Registered
578 Posts
OMG! WHO WOULD DO SUCH A THING?!!!!! I DON'T THINK I COULD CONTAIN MYSELF FROM FINDING THOSE PEOPLE AND BEATING THE CRAP OUT OF THEM!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
ya im with Sully ^^ and im from Mass also...holy sh*t !!!...

hmmm i think id already be in jail !!!..most def.

thats a terrible aweful thing and im so sorry for you both !!..did she make a police report? call the SPCA?..NEWSPAPERS?..thats sick and shouldnt be let go !!!

im so sorry !

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
OMG that's crazy. Some people are so sick and twisted it makes me want to vomit. Poor innocent baby. My thoughts are with you and your sister. I am so sorry.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. That is just so tragic and cruel. Run free Charlie....

As for how long you should wait until you get another boxer really depends on when your sister is ready. Some take longer to mourn, others get another baby right away. It is a personal decision. Again I am so sorry.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
If someone shot either of mine I would be seeing them in court!!! Everyone is diferent, the thought of getting another boxer after such a tragedy may not work for her, but then again, you can ask her and see what she says..My heart goes out to all of you...How awful...

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I can not believe what I just read. I am so sorry to hear for the loss of Charlie. I can't even imagine the pain. I can't imagine my reaction if I were in your sisters shoes. this is terrible news and my prayers are with your family.

I am so friggin pissed right now.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I am shocked and so sorry for your loss.  Please let your sister know how terrible we all feel.  As to getting her a new baby, I think everyone is right in that everyone grieves in their own way so I would definitely talk to your sister about your very sweet idea.  I do hope that the person that did this can be made to pay and pay dearly for his actions.  I can't believe someone would be so awful.  I can't imagine any circumstances where it is legal to gun down an animal for no reason.  That's absurd!!!  He should be locked up.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. It is such a tradgedy!

As far as getting another boxer and when....that is something that you really need to speak with your sister about. Some people will accept and love another dog immediately and others really need time to morn and adjust to losing a 'member' of their family. I would talk to her about her feelings.

If you have not been in touch with the authorities...I would definitely do so.
What in the world possessed the person to shoot Charlie in the first place?
What ever it was, you have got to make sure it won't happen again with another dog. IF you don't contact the proper authorities...there is no guarantee it won't happen again.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Holy Canoli!!! i cant believe that-i sure hope she is pursing legal action. I know it isnt something that people like to do in these situations, but this was uncalled for in the biggest way. My heart goes out to your sister. As for the second puppy i would give her a bit of time to grieve. Then maybe talk to her whether she wants another. sometimes things like this will make a person not want another animal for fear of something happening to that one as well. I hope everything works out.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I woul dhave been at there door beating the crap out of them. There is no since in that.

On the whole getting another dog. Let her mourn a little while before you get her another

·
Registered
270 Posts
OMG!!!!!!!  That is soooo sick!!!!  WHY would someone do that?!!!!!!!!!!  like someone has already said....I don;t quite know what to say.  I'm so so sorry!  that is just horrible!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
stacy do you know if your sister plans on taking any legal action against this person? Do even know what this persons motive for doing this? i just cant stop thinking about it, and the one question that i keep wondering is "why would he just pull a gun and shoot" that is just so....i dunno....is this person a known trouble maker in the neighborhood?

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
There are no words...someone needs to pay...please keep us posted and tell her we have a place where she can post about her Charlie being at the bridge...I am sick just thinking of this...so sorry

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ugh....I hate people sometimes!  I can't believe they shot him!!!!  I am so very sorry for your sisters loss and for your loss.....I'd wait to bring her another pup til she has more time to morn.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Stacey, I am absolutely livid after reading your post.  Those people need to have the full weight of the law brought down on them.  Do you know who they are, did anyone witness the shooting?  I know it was probably the last thing anyone was thinking of, but I hope that the vet was able to recover the bullet from Charlie as it may be needed to do a ballistics match if the police pursue this case (which I hope to God they do).  Please pass on our heartfelt condolences to your sister.

Andrea, the sad (and scary) thing is that some people (and I'm sorry to say, but it is usually boys or young men) don't need a reason to inflict cruelty on animals - they think it's funny.  Only yesterday I was watching a programme about the RSPCA where two swans were brought into a rescue centre because a group of boys had thrown blue gloss paint over them.  And in Dublin Zoo about 2 years ago, a group of youths broke in during the night and threw a penguin into the lion's den.  How f*cking sick is that???  Some people are just malicious and mean spirited and think nothing of inflicting pain & suffering on a defenceless creature just for "kicks".

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
I'm shocked!  I'd probably be in jail by now for shooting that horrible person back!  I'm a big believer in "you don't mess with mine".

My Rocky died last Thanksgiving and hubby got Henry three weeks later.  It was too soon for me.  I had some resentment.  But it was not too soon for hubby and son.

God's blessings on your family as you deal with this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you everone, I was shocked and happy all at the same time to see so many people out there that care.  For everyone that has asked about leagal action, we did call the police and there is nothing that we can do.  no one saw him acturaly shoot Charlie, they just heard the gun shots and we saw the blood trail back to the field next to their house.  

Adrienne is doing better, she pulled a 4 day drinking fest, and will not go home she has stayed with friends.  but she is able to talk about him with out braking down.  if any of you would like to see pic of Charlie you can go to her my space page.  and you can see him there along with my boxer toby.   her url is www.myspace.com/along77082.

Thank you again

Stacey

·
Registered
280 Posts
I am reading this post for the first time and I am extremely sick. I can't believe the cops didn't do a friggin' thing! You need to contact a lawyer and take care of them! I swear people these days! This really makes me sick! It really does. I think you need to get a lawyer and go to court!

Do you know what made him shoot Charlie? Does Charlie get out a lot? Maybe the neighbor was fed up with Charlie running around all the time therefore he shot him. If so that neighbor needs to be locked up for good! If he gets fed up with dogs running around, he might get fed up with people around and start shooting them. Just my thought, I doubt it would happen, but who knows.

I do whatever people do to my dogs. If someone is nice to my dog, then I'm fine with them, but if they hit my dog, then I hit them. In your case, he shot Charlie therefore I would shoot him. I'm dead serious! I love my dogs to much and I would stand up for them no matter what!

Keep us posted on how your sister is!

Chase

1 - 20 of 24 Posts