Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was sitting in the kitchen with my bf this afternoon and noticed there was something strange about Xena's ears. They looked lopsided....I figured one had probably gotten folded back a little and forgot about it. My mom was not around when I noticed this.

I went to work later and got home around 11:30pm. Again I was sitting in the kitchen and my mom walked in to talk to me. In the middle of our conversation, she asked me what was wrong with Xena's ears. I asked her what she meant and she said that one looks higher than the other. I looked closely and made sure neither one was folded...then I noticed she's right. They're pretty lopsided.

I have never noticed this before...I don't think it was preexisting being that both of us just noticed it today. I could attribute it to growth but she's going to be 3 in July! I think she's done growing. I looked inside and the lower one was really red so I put her ear medicine in....with quite a struggle, might I add. Within 2 minutes both I and the floor were covered in ear cleaner, ear medicine, and peanut butter (to calm her....didn't work.)

What could this be? She's had itching and redness in her ears numerous times but never have they looked lopsided.....any ideas??

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Sounds to me like she has an ear infection or she could have hurt it some while shaking her head too hard.  I would take her in and have it looked at too make sure it is nothing too serious.

Nano

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I concur with nano...Take your pup in to the vet...sounds like an ear infection and/or injury!!

Liz and Lilly

1 - 3 of 3 Posts