Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the vet called today stella had an under developed liver this is the reason they feel that she did not recover from spaying surg also he said that we should call the breeder this is something that runs in family history and they should not breed this dog any more, this call has been made. as for us stella tought us alot, we loved her very much, we have searched our heart and we want another boxer but not from a breeder we are going to  rescue one there are so many out there that need love and care, I would also like to thank you all for your kind words and the help you have given when we get our new member we will post pictures for all to see, we have pasted the application to rescue our next step is to meet and find our special new love thank you all again

·
Registered
648 Posts
Glad to hear you finally found the cause. But very sorry for your loss. Very good to at least know so they don't breed the dog again. Rescue sounds like a great idea!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
im sorry for your loss and im glad you found out what happened and told the breeder. it is a great idea to rescue and it is a great tribute to stella to rescue another boxer. Please let us know how it works out for you.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss...I know your angel will be smiling as you give another boxer baby your love...especially one who hasn't had a loving family who can keep and care for them like you will! We look forward to pics of your new baby when you find them!

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Thank you so much for pursuing the reason for Stella's death and notifying the breeder.  Hopefully they will take to heart the message and not breed the dogs any more.  You have hopefully saved someone else the same heartache.  Wishing you all the best in finding that next special boxer and all the health and happiness in the world.

Nano

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Glad to know you finally have an answer- Both of mine are from a rescue and I think it is a wonderful idea for you to give a needy boxer a good home.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I hope it brings you some relief to know what went wrong. I am so sorry for your loss.
I think it's great that you will go through rescue for your next baby. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I agree with Nano, I sure hope the breeders will not breed either again.  You will not regret rescuing, Kiah is a rescue and she is the best.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
It is good that you atleast found the cause of it all. it doesnt change things but it helps. I am happy that you were able to get in touch with the breeder that way no one else will have to go through what you did. Kudos on the rescue route, please keep us posted on when you are able to bring a boxer to their forever home.

·
Registered
780 Posts
So sorry for your loss!  Taking the extra step and finding out what caused it will save others from going through this.  Glad the breeder is going to stop breeding her parents.

We have rescued a boxer and they are amazing.  They really seem to appreciate having a permanent home and have so much love to give!  I am sure the perfect boxer is out there waiting for you.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
so glad you found the reason and that you notified the vet...

thats wonderful you are going the rescue route...Isis is a rescue...you wont regret it !!

please stay with us and let us know how you all are doing...

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Sorry again for your loss. Probably feels better though knowing how exactly what went wrong and that it had nothing to do with anything you personally did in caring for Stella. Hopefully now the breeder does the responsible thing now so no one else has to go though what you have.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts