Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys Roxy had her appointment today!! All went well! She got her shots and is free of infection!!!! She seems a little better today and she just ate her dinner! Took her awhile but she ate it!! I took her "baby" away this morning and she was whimpering around for a couple hours looking for it!! She actually spotted it on top of Rowelins high chair and started whining yet again and then jumped up and got it but I took it away again and put it in the closet! So as I type shes sitting there whimpering and looking at the door! I feel so bad for her  :cry:

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PS the vet gave me the ok to breed her again!!! She said just to bring her in to check for anything like 2-4 weeks prior to being bred which should be January!!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
YAY!!!!!  I'm so glad Roxy is on the mend!!!!  It's good that you took the "baby" from her.  It's better for her mental health in thelong run.

Keep us posted!!!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
i am glad she is ok cindi. I know it must be hard to hear her whimpering for her baby, but she will get better. So do you plan on breeding her in January again? i know you said last night you werent too sure on what you would do

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I still havent settled on it!!

As we speak shes picking out a new "baby"!!!!!!!! Am I going to have to hide them all???

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I'm so happy to hear she is okay Cindi  :D   Give her tons of kisses and hugs from me!!   I can't even think about her crying for the baby without tearing up...I can just imagine how you feel. I understand you have to do what's best for her, it's just so heartbreaking. We love ya Roxy.. hang in there sweetie!!

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I'm so glad to hear that Roxy is doing so well and hope the future is brighter for both of you.  It's heartbreaking to read your post and know that your girl is having a hard time.  I hope this is a new beginning and that January will be here before you know it.  Feel better soon Roxy.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Yeah, what Donya said.  I was wondering too.  Is it because of the loss of her pregnancy or something.  I hope not!  Poor girl.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Did the vet suggest putting her on some hormone pills for a while to help with her "baby" issues???  I am glad she got a good check up!

·
Registered
977 Posts
My brother-in-laws female boxer 'adopted' a stuffed fluffy dinosaur after she had a phantom pregnancy. Apparently she wouldn't leave the house for walks because she didn't want to leave the 'baby' :roll: !
Poor Roxy!!! She must be annoyed that you keep kidnapping and hiding her 'pups' - think she'll forgive you :wink: ? It must be hard not to give in...i imagine she's giving you the Sad Stare :( . Good luck Cindi, and good luck Roxy....your time will come :D !

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Glad to hear Roxy is on the mend. That's great news that you can breed her again in January! I hope she doesn't choose another "baby" for both your sakes.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Ahh Cindi, maybe I missed something, I didn't know that Roxy was having issues..That poor girl...Please give her a big hug from her Auntie Willow for me....Glad her checkup went well and she's been given a clean bill of health....

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We actually talked about it in chat the other night Willow!!! I dont think you were there.

Donya Im not sure if you know but Roxy aborted two pups due to an infection a few weeks ago and last week she was her due date and since then she has "adopted" a few of my kids toys!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts