Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I was packaging up my dog food meals on Friday I thought it might be nice to take some pictures. I hope they help, especially the new raw feeders. A few of what I cut into portions:

Beef Heart
ImageUploadedByPG Free1370446838.450884.jpg

Pork Heart
ImageUploadedByPG Free1370446881.664460.jpg

Pork Spleen
ImageUploadedByPG Free1370446907.120923.jpg

Pork Kidney
ImageUploadedByPG Free1370446930.771924.jpg

Beef Spleen
ImageUploadedByPG Free1370446956.485657.jpg

Beef Kidney
ImageUploadedByPG Free1370446982.513604.jpg

Beef Lung
ImageUploadedByPG Free1370447004.923582.jpg

Beef Liver
ImageUploadedByPG Free1370447026.499430.jpg

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
809 Posts
Awesome pics! Thank you so much!

My DH is a hunter and is wanting to go deer hunting again this fall, can I just freeze the organs straight from the deer? How long should I freeze them for to ensure that all bacteria, parasites, etc. is killed?

·
Registered
304 Posts
I do dehydrated lung for treats and I remember the first time coming home with a huge beef lung. That was an experience. Now I get it pre sliced for me...very happy about that.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Do butcher shops sell organs typically?

Sorry if these questions are already answered somewhere on the forum...I'm still digging through old threads.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Yes butcher shops sell them and if you have any Asian grocery stores around you those are a good place to find these too.

If your local grocey store has a butcher's counter they may have them there too.

But you won't have to worry about organs for the first few months. Those are introduced around week 12.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Well, there's no way Sadie will ever be fed RAW... my wife wouldn't go for messing with all that. I tried broaching the subject and she was like "you mean raw meat?, oh hell no!" LOL.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Yes butcher shops sell them and if you have any Asian grocery stores around you those are a good place to find these too.

If your local grocey store has a butcher's counter they may have them there too.

But you won't have to worry about organs for the first few months. Those are introduced around week 12.
lol yeah I know that it isn't going to be for a bit - we still have some kibble to finish as I'm not wasting a bag of $60 BB! I am just one of those people that researches stuff to death so I feel fully informed.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Lol Jeff. I'm excited about it! I think my future hubby is too as he was telling his parents ALLLL about it yesterday lol. Plus it gives him a reason to go kill something lmao. I'll cut up almost anything... I won't fillet a fish... Can't do it. But if it's already dead and cut apart then I'll take it from there lol

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Lol Jeff. I'm excited about it! I think my future hubby is too as he was telling his parents ALLLL about it yesterday lol. Plus it gives him a reason to go kill something lmao. I'll cut up almost anything... I won't fillet a fish... Can't do it. But if it's already dead and cut apart then I'll take it from there lol
I don't like it. Never have liked handling raw meat of any kind... but I've gotten used to it! It still grosses me out if I start thinking about exactly what I'm cutting up and doing... lol

I do it out of love for my fur baby :hrtbeat:! And for us to eat too of course. lol

·
Registered
809 Posts
Lol the things we do for our kids. Pulling strings from bums and dealing with the smell of bully chews. Then there is the cutting of the meat for people that don't care for it. DH's mom is the same way. She HATES cutting up raw meat.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Lol the things we do for our kids. Pulling strings from bums and dealing with the smell of bully chews. Then there is the cutting of the meat for people that don't care for it. DH's mom is the same way. She HATES cutting up raw meat.
Lol! Pulling of string from bums! I've done that more than once... that and hair making those darned "cling-on" poops! lol

Ya, something about the blade cutting through the meat, it's almost like nails on chalkboard for me if I over think it! lol

1 - 20 of 70 Posts