Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Actually before he had surgery, he had a yeast infection. There is a possibility that he may be allergic to either chicken, turkey or beef. I was suppose to wait to allow the meds to leave his body. I started earlier, and the infection flared back up!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
@Mad4268- I didn't mention the first time he had a yeast infection was after shots and adding beef. His 2nd was after also while feeding chicken, turkey and beef, but also after his rabies shot.
Once I eliminated the three, his ears were better. Normally I gave beef/calf liver. I started feeding only pork, lamb, rabbit, quail, fish & ROO. I was advised to wait at least 6 weeks after his cherry eye surgery, I waited 3 (hard headed) within 3-4 days it was "very noticeable the yeast infection had flared back up!
I'm not sure if it is chicken or the type I fed!! So in order to find out, "I'm following instruction" this time!
I have noticed that the scabs are gone, but there is some "shaking" of the head! He also appears to have some environmental issues (sneezes early mornings only) however, to keep from "pumping him full of drugs", I've learned to take it 1 at a time!
1 thing I want to say, "he hates the inside (except to sleep at night) and weight wise, he is a healthy (62lbs at 7 months) and loves his RAW!

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Cool! I start where you ended (at the chicken back) and pull down towards the end of the drumstick (where the feet would be. At first I would cut it off but by the end I was just yanking the whole thing off with my bare hands! Not pretty, but fast and effective! lol

·
Registered
2,499 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Got my order last night. Tried two different things for the girls. Pictured below is pork cheek meat. I also ordered beef lips but waiting for them to defrost a bit to take a picture. Will post that when I can.

Pork Cheek Meat (2 are pictured to show both sides)
ImageUploadedByPG Free1381680438.680392.jpg

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I get all my dog food from a meat packer except my chicken bones. Takes me half hour to get there but the quality (always fresh) is amazing and the prices are the best I can find. If you ever plan a trip down this way to visit just say the word and I can give you their information and you can place your own order.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I get all my dog food from a meat packer except my chicken bones. Takes me half hour to get there but the quality (always fresh) is amazing and the prices are the best I can find. If you ever plan a trip down this way to visit just say the word and I can give you their information and you can place your own order.
Where do you live?? I'm in barrie.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts