Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woke up this morning and took Oggie out, he started making this noise like he was hiccuping and then he basically started wretching like he was going to throw up.  All that came out was strings of white foam.  I know sometimes they get hunger pukes but when he's had that, it was yellow bile.  This definitely wasn't that.  He went to doggie daycare yesterday and didn't eat at all until last night, so he didn't have much food in general but he did eat before bed.  He seems ok now but just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on what that was.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
hunger pukes - can be foam or bile.    Feed the kid will ya???  ha ha   Very common for the am.  I it keeps happening, cut back his two meals and sneak in a third meal before bedtime.

Poor Oggie - He is too cute!!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I've seen both of mine do that on occasion Sully..So I watched them for a bit and they seemed fine..Trying to remember tho if it was early in the day or what and I honestly don't remember..Sorry, I know I'm not much help

G

·
0 Posts
I honestly can't say.  My dogs get  fed mid afternoon and again around midnight.  Never had any hunger pukes.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Yogurt helps with that also. If Maddie doesn't get her 9 pm yogurt, she will be vomiting by 2 or 3 am guaranteed!

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Heather, glad to hear it might just be the hunger pukes.  The boy just won't eat before he goes to daycare, he gets too excited   :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
Same thing happens here, but not very often.  Bruce will not eat before daycare either.  He actually had the foam on Tuesday, and its been awhile since I have seen him do it.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
i agree with lisa. now that sumya has her regularly scheduled yogurt, no more pukes - ever!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts