Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday Charlie started to vomit when he was eating.  I figured his stomach was upset, but now everytime he eats he vomits.  He's always trying to eat something he's not supposed to.  He ate 1/2 a pillow case last December and we had to give him mineral oil.  I'm praying that everything is out, I would think so by now.  He ate a bone this week and I had to give him some hydrogen peroxide.  I'm worried because I've never seen anything like this before.  He is still pooping and peeing but every meal now he's vomitting.  Any thoughts?

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Change the food?
Henry started vomiting when we switched to adult food.  His little tummy didn't like the food and we had to get a different kind of adult food.
He hasn't vomited since.
Poor little feller! :(

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No we haven't changed his food recently.  We switched to Solid gold probably 3 months ago.  I feel bad for him because he's hesitant to eat.  It's like he knows he's gonna get sick.  I'm gonna try to get him to the vets tomorrow.  This couldn't have come at a worser time with work.  We're a small office of 3 with 1 on vacation!

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Yeah, if he's been on the food for 3 months, then that probably is not the problem.
Maybe he has a little bug or something.
How old is he?
I know dogs can have pepto.  We would give Henry a couple of tablespoons of plain yogurt with a teaspoon of pepto mixed in.
I don't know what else to do.
Good luck with him.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Is he eating fast when he eats?  If so, try putting something in his bowl that he has to eat around or put his food on a cookie sheet.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
elevate the bowl? we had to do that with Isis ..she inhales her food lol and when its low she throws it up..
ive never heard of giving a dog peroxide? whats it for? jeez i didnt know it was ok to even swallow it..

maybe try some boiled burger and rice..small amount jsut to settle his stomach?

hope things are better :)

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
both girls will vomit if they eat to fast, and then drink a lot of water. they end up up-chucking it about 10 min later, so we have to keep a watchful eye on them

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Charlie isn't eating to fast.  Quite the opposite.  Now it seems he'll break the food up into tiny pieces.  We had him checked for heartworms as a precaution in July when he got his rabies shot.  We give both dogs heartworm medicine each month.  Jess tried mixing pumpkin in with his food, he kept it down last night.  However, he vomitted everything back up with his breakfast.  The vets open in about 1/2 hr, I'm gonna try to get him in there either early or on my lunch break.  One other side note is he does have a sensitive stomach.  I know it might sound gross, but sometimes when he poos 1/2 is sold, 1/2 isn't.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
kysims";p="36333 said:
ive never heard of giving a dog peroxide? whats it for? jeez i didnt know it was ok to even swallow it..
quote]

Peroxide will cause vomiting in dogs.  It is a great thing to have on hand in case they get into something or swallow something they are not suppose to....If given right away it will clear toxins from the system in case they get into something that is poisonous to them....

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The vet put him on metrodizane (sp) and a pill for nausea.  Suggested I do mineral oil this evening and elevate his dish.  If it persists for a couple more days, either exploratory surgery or we can do berriam.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You can also give dogs TAGAMENT.  Its an acid reducer.  The vet says its safe enough to give your dog every day of there life.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Well bless your sweet little heart!
I hope it doesn't require surgery!  We'll pray for you!
Hugs to that little guy! >:D<

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update on Charlie.  Now he will not eat at all.  The mineral oil didn't make him flush his system out.  I took him to work with me.  If the vets can't take him immediately, I guess I'll start calling friends to see if they can take him from my office.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I'm just catching this thread. I really don't have any answers for you, but I'm just hoping that Charlie will be okay and not need any kind of surgery. Let us know how Charlie does today at the vet.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Will hope he does not require surgery to see if anything is caught in his system.  There can be alot of things that lodge in there. The gas sometimes is just gas and then again it can show something stuck that gas forms around.  So, keep us posted

1 - 17 of 17 Posts