Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had sky's last vacin shot last week, and its time to take her out . but i never relised that she dosent like to be leashed ?? i have to drag her around   8O she just seats there still and wont do any thing, what should i do ?

·
Registered
905 Posts
You just need to get her used to it.  It would have been a good idea to attach her lead and let her drag it around the house in the weeks before she could go out.  I would still do this now, and then just take her outside for very short periods at first.  If you live in the city centre it may well be that the noise of the traffic is freaking her out a bit.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
You could also give her an insintive. Like dangle the treat bag infront of her to put her mind on something else... the smell. You don't even have to give a treat... the smell is reward enough too. Or you coud also carry her up the block a little ways and then walk her home. She should walk home because that is the reward. Though I'd definitely try the treat smell first. Before you know it you won't need the treat bag or box anymore and she'll freely walk with you.

Though what Honeyec said is what we did with Odin. He had an issue the very first time we tried but after that he did great... and that was before I had him wear it around the house.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Mia started on walks after her second shot (3 weeks ago).. I wanted her to get use to walking ASAP..

·
Registered
508 Posts
Yeah i put a leash on Zeus and Dante and let them drag it around the house for a couple days before i took them out on the leash. But i didnt leave it on them constantly.  about 30 minutes or so.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Chloe did that same thing....until I took her for a walk with another experienced dog.  That sure did help....tons!!  NOW, she only does that when she is being stubborn!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts