Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have ummm. . . ."issues" while walking there two boxers? I have notice that when i walk the girls together they team up on me and try to trip me as much as possible!! :D when i finally caught on i looked at them and started laughing! i was so amazed that my girls would conspire that way!! Also Savannah has become a houdini! When we kennel her she has learned to undo the bottom lock and squeeze her massive 50lb body out of the little hole between the bottom lock and the top lock!! We will come home and she is roaming around the house with out a care!!  :lol:  i am thinking about setting my camcorder up to see exactly how she does it!!  These antics make me smile so i had to share with y'all. if i catch her on video i will post it up!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Haha...Abby and Brady run at each other when I have one on the runner, one on the leash. Friday I had on REALLY pale yellow pants and they circled me JUST right and swept me off my feet into the grass and mud.
Abby has also learned to open the bin that food is stored in...as she actually had the nerve to do it in front of me last night, I caught some pictures before telling her no. And Brady! He has learned how to open the screen door to outside (it's a regular turn handle). He's done it twice...both times I checked to be sure it was latched tight, and within 5 minutes, here comes Brady, coming to visit me.

I think all dogs must just have a little magician in them.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
ROTFLMAO....I told you they could communicate Andrea...My 2 sometimes act like idiots when I walk them, or each wants to go in a separate direction..Look at Momma, she's Stretch Armstrong!!!  :lol: Now I would love to see how Savannah is getting out of her crate, that little Houdini....I agree with what AbbyandBrady said, they all have a wee bit of magician in them  :)

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
My dogs think I'm Gumby on our walks too!  They always go around a tree in two different directions, around big rock so the leash is caught and anything else to make me feel like I am directing two puppets on strings!

LOL

Nano

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Too Funny!!   :rofl:  They are just big goofs aren't they?!  :p

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh the girls try going around a tree one on each side. if they do that i stop and tell them no-no, and they will look at each other for a second then reluctantly (sp?) one will walk back to where the other is and we continue on.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Gunner is my wanderer.  When he gets like that, Scout drops back by my side and walks next to me looking at me like "What's up with that idiot?"  :lol:   They know what "This side" means when it comes to trees and poles.  I tell them that so they stay on the same side I am.  Also I think they understand "Stay on the sidewalk"  When Gunner starts to weave back and forth, I gently guide him back to his side of the sidewalk, but that only works temporarily.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I wouldn't even attempt to walk my two on my own - it's definitely a two-person job!

Actually, though, I saw a girl walking two Huskies through Blessington a while back, and she had a really cool lead on them.  It was like a Y shape, so they both had a separate "strand" attached to their collars, but then they joined together so that she was just holding the one part.  I thought it was a great idea, as it means they can't get tangled up together or try and go in oppsite directions, but they still had plenty of room each.

I might see if I can find one myself.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I've seen those leads Honeyec and I am considering getting one..I always walked Buck & Tia separately before we went to Ireland, mostly cos they both were still young, Buck was 2 & Tia was 1..But after we got them out of quarantine, I decided that enuf was enuf, so I got 2 Haltis and walked them at the same time  :) ..Generally worked ok, until Buck decided to stop and pee on a bush and Tia wanted to keep walking  :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts